need opinions on where to submit MCAT (6/11/10)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Derpz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SC resident, 1/2 Salvadoran, USAF Vet, top 5 UG c-3.93 s-3.98

PS-6 VR-11 BS-10 - completely bummed, never got below an 8 on any PS practice and had a 10.5 avg

have all the EC's checked off w/veteran related stuff: clinical-all @ VA hospitals 500+ hrs, research: PTSD related, non-clinical: more of a mix but some veterans health stuff in there. Feel like my EC's are very strong and focused, and strong LOR's

I need help on where to apply, any and all opinions appreciated...I was praying for the bay area schools but that PS-6 killed that dream

right now: MUSC, South Carolina, South Carolina-Greenville

Members don't see this ad.

Retake the MCAT. With the rest of you app you should be tracking down the top schools that give out scholarships to URMs when you ask where to apply. If you were thinking of applying this year you were late already. If I were you I'd retake in January and apply next year (after you kill the verbal section).

If you're dead set on applying this year call up the diversity office at schools in your MCAT range, think SLU, Loyola, etc. and ask them what you should do. Except don't do it, just reapply next year.