Need PIC in Birmingham Alabama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RocketRPh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
We are looking for a Pharmacist- in-charge for a new pharmacy (est. 2014) in Birmingham, Alabama. Due to the current low volume of dispense, we will need the PIC for only 20 hours/week. If you are an Alabama Licensed Pharmacist, please PM me and I will give you more details. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

part time PIC, sounds legit

Reactions: 1 user
Well, the law states that a PIC must be there at least 50% of the time. But I agree, who's going to be working there the rest of the time? And if you only have enough volume to warrant 20 hrs per week, it might be because you're only open 20 hours per week.

Members don't see this ad :)
kvl1027 is correct, Alabama law allows PIC to be in the pharmacy 50% of the time for the business hours. There are staffs at he pharmacy the rest of the time.

As someone who runs an Independent and has since graduation, my question is if the volume is so low that you can only afford a PIC for 20 hours.....then why not just have a PIC and no staffers? If the volume only warrants one pharmacist, then only have one pharmacist who is the PIC. It's just good business. Begin to consider why you don't have the business and be proactive. Don't retract and start thinking about cutting costs to maintain margins.

If cutting costs is the most effective way to increase profit margins I have a solution. Turn off the lights and lock the doors, your cost will go to $0!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your response, we do not mind having a 40 hr/wk PIC at all, I put down 20 hr/week in case there are pharmacists who can only pick up 20 hr/wk. It is a small Non-sterile compounding only pharmacy with no front end & no regular Rx filling. Every Rx is done on a pre-set schedule and seldom/never any emergency.

Thank you for your response, we do not mind having a 40 hr/wk PIC at all, I put down 20 hr/week in case there are pharmacists who can only pick up 20 hr/wk. It is a small Non-sterile compounding only pharmacy with no front end & no regular Rx filling. Every Rx is done on a pre-set schedule and seldom/never any emergency.

Ah, I see.