Need Post-bac education advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Herme

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I will keep this sort of short. I have just applied for my second time to dental school this past June. My first time applying (last summer) I had 2 interviews of the 3 schools I applied to. I took upper level undergrad courses over summer, got a 4.0 on them, applied to 7 schools this time around, and not even 1 interview. Plus I have a full scholarship from the military to pay for school. My other stats are on predents.com. I am not understanding why I'm getting no love, and I'm a little discouraged here.

I will probably need to do some graduate level work, but I'd rather not spend 2 years full-time getting a master's, to prove I can do 4 more years of dental school-not that it wouldn't be worth it. I haven't been able to find a 1 yr non-thesis program, but Marquette University will let me just take graduate classes for credit. Will the dental schools look favorably on that, or do I have to be working on a degree for it to really mean anything?

Also, how many graduate credits should I try to take over the next year. How many will tell them I'm not stupid? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.