Need PS advice please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellab17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know how to raise my PS score from a 6! On my previous mcat I made a Ps 6 and I just took Aamc 10 today just to get a baseline and I still made a PS 6 after reading 8 out of 10 chapters in the TPR gen chem book. ( I felt comfortable with the concepts). Although I haven't started physics content yet this time around, I thought I may see some improvement in my PS score bc I read most if gen chem and done some q's in tprh!

For anyone who has done well in Ps, what am I doing wrong? Should I use Berkeley for content and passages instead or is there a helpful strategy I should be using for tackling the questions? Plz help, I greatly appreciate it! Thx!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I don't know how to raise my PS score from a 6! On my previous mcat I made a Ps 6 and I just took Aamc 10 today just to get a baseline and I still made a PS 6 after reading 8 out of 10 chapters in the TPR gen chem book. ( I felt comfortable with the concepts). Although I haven't started physics content yet this time around, I thought I may see some improvement in my PS score bc I read most if gen chem and done some q's in tprh!

For anyone who has done well in Ps, what am I doing wrong? Should I use Berkeley for content and passages instead or is there a helpful strategy I should be using for tackling the questions? Plz help, I greatly appreciate it! Thx!!

I'd also appreciate some help with PS improvement if anyone has them.

For PS, and even BS, you should focus on your problem solving skills. It sounds like you spend most of your time reading the review book rather than doing practice problems/tests. Go over the questions you get wrong, and read your review book in those chapters for the material you got wrong. Good luck!

Have you done any physics reviewing from the TBR?? i hear their physics review is really good but i personally used TPR physics content book

Also i agree with DielsAlder you just gotta do practice. Then when you're done do more practice. TPRHL Science Workbook has been good for me and then i supplement with TBR passage for areas that i feel weak in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, but I have to lay it to you straight here. You need to read all the chapters of both physics and chemistry and have an inside out understanding of the concepts. Not only that you need to do problems, lots of them, in all subjects. Your score won't go up unless you are comfortable with all subjects.

TBR is really good at getting you to understand the concepts on top of put them into practice with their convoluted passages (good practice). TPR hyper learning is also really good too (really like the advanced passages). In the end, you need to go all in and know your stuff like the back of your hand. You can do this.

Thanks so much guys for all the advice, it's all really helpful.

I have been reading more than practicing. Since I just took Aamc 10, I was going to look at the subjects I am weak in first and do all the tprh and tbr passages for those and review content if needed. Hopefully after doing lots of practice problems, I can build up the courage to tackle these PS passages and hopefully my score can finally improve before sept.

Also, After doing problems will I just realize what concept to use and how to apply it. B/c sometimes I find myself wondering "how was I suppose to know I needed to apply that concept and in that particular way."

Also, do you recommend keeping a log of any q's I may get wrong?

Thanks again so much!!!!