Need Some Advice Anyone PLS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Canadianforlife

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soo this is my situation I am currently in Canada and I am in Grade 12 and I am very determined to becoming a doctor. The problem is I just dont think I will make it if i stay in Canada to be honest. I am smart but to certain extent but everyone says I have the personality, the compassion, and determination to become one. So to resolve this I decided that i am applying to both the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, University College of Dublin, and applying for 3 University in Bulgaria, Sofia, Varma and Pleven also kind of considering the Carribean. Its just i need any sort of advice on which one is suitable for me. Thanks guys you guys are the best!!

Members don't see this ad.

Only you can decide which school is best for you. But you should consider what effects your school choice might have on where you want to practice.

Having personally checked out the univeristies in Bulgaria, I would first ask you if you were planning to study in Bulgarian? The Bulgarian language instruction is supposed to be better than the english language programs. I was told this by a faculty member. 2nd, I would look at Plovdiv over Pleven. I was told that Sofia, Varna, and Plovdiv have the better medical schools.

I know nothing about Ireland except that it's the closest to Canada. I dont know a lot about the Caribbean schools. But I know someone currently attending SGU, and they seem to be happy there.

Heyy Thanks Alot, I sort of need to study in english if i am going to Bulgaria I never really realized that theres a difference between the bulgarian program and the english program. Also about the university of plovdiv its just that i am applying through a program called source america they have Sofia Varma and Pleven as the ones you can apply to but i really apreciate what you told me :). My ultimate goal is to get residency in Canada hopefully in emergency medicine or gynecologist/obestrician Canada brought me into earth i have to serve Canada :)

Members don't see this ad :)
They are acredited universities all of them.

Hi,

From your list I would pick Ireland - most respected. And I'd suggest you visit valuemd.com. This site (sdn) is really for US students although there are a few img's here. Valuemd caters more to the international crowd. I think you'd get a better and more rounded response over there.

The other thing is when you read through some of valuemd, you'll see that there are a lot of other schools in Europe you should be considering (other than Bulgaria - unless you have family ties, whatever there).

Good luck. I've met a couple of 'kids' just out of highschool in Ontario who went directly to the international route. You will be a very young practising physician if you do this. Let's say you even do a 6 year program - you'll still be one of the youngest in your residency program.

S-

Thanks really apreciate it and i will definitly look in to your suggestion thanks your the best

Hi,

From your list I would pick Ireland - most respected. And I'd suggest you visit valuemd.com. This site (sdn) is really for US students although there are a few img's here. Valuemd caters more to the international crowd. I think you'd get a better and more rounded response over there.

The other thing is when you read through some of valuemd, you'll see that there are a lot of other schools in Europe you should be considering (other than Bulgaria - unless you have family ties, whatever there).

Good luck. I've met a couple of 'kids' just out of highschool in Ontario who went directly to the international route. You will be a very young practising physician if you do this. Let's say you even do a 6 year program - you'll still be one of the youngest in your residency program.

S-

Hello, I am currently a British citizen, who would like to apply for medical school in Bulgaria, out of Sofia and Plovdiv which one would you recommend? (Thanks in advance!!)

Only you can decide which school is best for you. But you should consider what effects your school choice might have on where you want to practice.

Having personally checked out the univeristies in Bulgaria, I would first ask you if you were planning to study in Bulgarian? The Bulgarian language instruction is supposed to be better than the english language programs. I was told this by a faculty member. 2nd, I would look at Plovdiv over Pleven. I was told that Sofia, Varna, and Plovdiv have the better medical schools.

I know nothing about Ireland except that it's the closest to Canada. I dont know a lot about the Caribbean schools. But I know someone currently attending SGU, and they seem to be happy there.