Need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sirachi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but I'd like to start off saying I am currently a first year Biology major student at LSU however my GPA in the first semester wasn't on par with what I had wanted to achieve. I am nearly half way through the spring semester but I have been considering switching majors from Biology to Kinesiology because I feel that it may be more beneficial in a sense. I'm really not sure on what to do because switching majors is a big decision and so I would love to hear any advice y'all may have to offer, especially those who have majored in Kinesiology and have been accepted into dental school. I would also like to add that my goal is to get accepted into LSU's dental school one day and become an orthodontist.

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an LSUSD student, if you have any specific questions about the school.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Switching majors really isn't a big deal. Switching careers would be but you still want to be a dentist so switching from biology after only one or two semesters won't change much.

If you feel like with a different major you can get a higher overall GPA and a reasonable science Gpa Id say go for it.

But in reality the harder classes like ochem and gen Chem and molecular biology would have to be taken either way...

The two things to consider as others have alluded to are: pick a major you will do well in and pick a major that will serve as a back up in case you do not get into dental school for successive cycles.

Visit your academic advisor and let them know of your plans. Try to make an appt with the Dental school advisors, let them know you want to get into LSU and ask what they like to see on applications.