Need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enlowc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have been going back and fourth for months about what would be the best degree to obtain in order for me to get into dental school. I have 3 years done of an electrical engineering degree, but I just do not have the passion for that subject anymore and it was starting to show in my grades. I have applied to the bachelor's of arts and sciences program and was accepeted. I just don't know what would be the best plan of action, a lot of my credits transferred to the BA. Do I tough it out and finish my electrical engineering degree or would it be better to go for the biology degree?
Thank you in Advance

Members don't see this ad.

I have been going back and fourth for months about what would be the best degree to obtain in order for me to get into dental school.
All that matters is that you have a Bachelor's prior to matriculating. You choose what you enjoy most.

If you truely wish to pursue dentistry, then all you have to do is start taking all the pre req courses for dentistry. That's what matters most, and maybe some upper level sciences such as biochem, micro etc. it does not matter what degree you have as long as you have al the pre reqs. Of course you will have to explain why you are making the career switch. Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete the necessary pre-reqs, but other than that, you should major in something you love and will do well in.

Hi
I have been going back and fourth for months about what would be the best degree to obtain in order for me to get into dental school. I have 3 years done of an electrical engineering degree, but I just do not have the passion for that subject anymore and it was starting to show in my grades. I have applied to the bachelor's of arts and sciences program and was accepeted. I just don't know what would be the best plan of action, a lot of my credits transferred to the BA. Do I tough it out and finish my electrical engineering degree or would it be better to go for the biology degree?
Thank you in Advance
Thank you all