Need Some Advice!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Riio21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I wanted to know your suggestions regarding my situation.

Does it hinder your application if you have like 3 pre-reqs not finished ? I was planning to take physics 2 (which will reduce it to two) this summer plus study the DAT/do more shadowing and try to apply in early aug. But I feel it will be too much and wont put in good study time for the DAT! I dont know if I should just focus on the DAT and shadowing hours this summer then apply and finish up all the pre-reqs in the fall and spring....:s ??? Idk what to doo..........

Any advice would be amazing :) thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I would think it's okay as long as your other grades (pre-reqs and upper divs) are strong. Good luck studying!

If you absolutely insist on applying this August, then I would recommend focusing on the DAT without the physics 2. Trying to do both at the same time could be a disaster, and at the very least it will take away from your DAT prep and equate to a lower score, however slight that may be, and potentially hurt your physics grade (yes I'm aware it isn't terribly important, but everything does count to some extent, and how it impacts the science GPA does matter).

I don't think 3 in-progress/to be done pre-reqs will make that much of a difference, especially if you've done well in your other pre-reqs, have a decent GPA and also a decent DAT, these things will hopefully overshadow the missing pre-reqs. And besides, you don't have much choice, knocking out 1 of the 3 before applying probably wouldn't be worth it given what I mentioned in the first paragraph.

If I were in your shoes I would slow down and apply the following cycle. Take my time with the DAT, kick ass over the fall/spring semesters. And you'd be able to apply in June, nice and early. You would be much less stressed/pressed and you'd have some time to chill before school starts. Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking 2 prerequisites this summer and taking the DAT in August as well. I know the school I'm applying to does not grant interviews unless all prerequisites are done, but physics 2 can wait until before matriculation.
If you don't need to focus on DAT but be sure that it won't be a problem with the schools you are interested in.

U gotta ask ur self can u handle 2 major classes & study 4dat@the same time.

Its possible but u know ur self best.

If I was in ur situation id focus on one thing@a time & bang out the dat first but that's just me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, that was really helpful...i think the best idea is to focus on the DAT and its rather an advantage to get a better score than get a low score with maybe a low grade on physics 2. I know I can handle both but I will still have 2 more. But thank you guys a lot for the thoughts...