Need some help in occlusion concepts!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xactreality

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna start with this question:

Which of the following factors most influences the lingual concavity of maxillary anterior teeth and grrove direction of the posterior teeth:

1- anterior guidance
2- angle of eminence
3- curve of occlusion
4- sideshift of mandible (Bennett movement)
5- direction of movement of rotating condyle

the answer is 4
I know that Bennett movement is the lateral movement of body of mandible but I dont understand its influence :confused:
can some one plssss explain to me..

the other thing is regarding the questions with illustrations and arrows, and asking about the mandibular movement or the pathway of a certain cusp, my question is how do you tell if its raight or left movement? how do u know the movement from the arrow is there a certain rule or something? I am cluless! :confused:

I would really appreciate any help

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i thought there are no longer pictures on part 1.. am i wrong?
but in general for those, just look at what teeth they are showing to determine if they are mand or max, and which side of the mouth (look at the curve of the arch). then you know the arrow is going to be the direction that the OPPOSITE jaw is moving. so if you are looking at maxillary left teeth, the arrow is for mandibular left movement. if the arrow is pointing facially (straight to the side), it is the working side. if it is pointing back and diagonally, it will be the non-working side.

the other thing is regarding the questions with illustrations and arrows, and asking about the mandibular movement or the pathway of a certain cusp, my question is how do you tell if its raight or left movement? how do u know the movement from the arrow is there a certain rule or something? I am cluless! :confused:

I would really appreciate any help

thanks!