Need suggestion if I need to retake my DAT!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ninjab

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am re-applying to Dental schools this summer as I only got 2 interviews and was put on wait list for both. My Total GPA-3.48 and Sci GPA-3.43 and I attended CC and then 4 year University.
My DAT scores are-
PAT-20
QC-17
RC-17
Bio-21
GC-21
OC-21
TS-21
AA-19

I have plenty of Dental shadowing and EC experience. I applied in august and took my DAT late September last year. I would greatly appreciate your suggestions about what are my chances of gaining an acceptance with my current DAT scores if I apply early this time or if I really need to retake it.

Thank you in advance,

Members don't see this ad.

I personally think you just need to apply earlier. Your RC is a little low, but I dont think it breaks your application. Try to apply in June, and apply very broadly. I applied to 15 schools and ended up getting in to 4 and my DAT was lower than yours.
Thank you, I appreciate for your kind advice. Do you have any schools in mind that might be a good fit to apply based on my stats. I have few on my list but I may have missed some.
Thanks again

What schools are on your list as of now?
NYU, Temple, Detroit Mercy, Western, USC, LLU, Boston, NOVA, Virginia commonwealth, Louisville, ASDOH, Midwestern Arizona,Buffalo

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Add tufts to the list and maybe case western reserve

Add tufts to the list and maybe case western reserve
I kept Tufts out of my list since I have coursework done at Community College and they don't accept CC credits at all. But I will consider Case Western Reserve
Thank you