Need suggestion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

member18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi. I am a foreign trained dentist. I gave the part 1 in 2007 (still accepted in most u.s. univ.) and got a score of 80. i considered these scores as very low and had no experience at that time. so i did not apply. in the meantime, i did dental hygiene. presently, i am working as a registered dental hygienist in canada and carries an experience of 2+ years. I am applying to various universities right now on the basis of what i have right now. i am also planning to give part 2 in next few months. my stats are as follows. Plz suggest what do you guys think about it. Is there any hope?
part1 score 80 - toefl iBT 106 - GPA WES-3.49 ECE - 3.15
Dental hygiene diploma in canada and experience of 2+ years. shadow dentists now and then.
Experience in india - 2.5 years
I also want to give DAT to apply in NYU. suggest me regarding that. materials needed and how much time needed to prepare for it. I am planning to give american DAT.
Waiting for replies.
Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

hi. I am a foreign trained dentist. I gave the part 1 in 2007 (still accepted in most u.s. univ.) and got a score of 80. i considered these scores as very low and had no experience at that time. so i did not apply. in the meantime, i did dental hygiene. presently, i am working as a registered dental hygienist in canada and carries an experience of 2+ years. I am applying to various universities right now on the basis of what i have right now. i am also planning to give part 2 in next few months. my stats are as follows. Plz suggest what do you guys think about it. Is there any hope?
part1 score 80 - toefl iBT 106 - GPA WES-3.49 ECE - 3.15
Dental hygiene diploma in canada and experience of 2+ years. shadow dentists now and then.
Experience in india - 2.5 years
I also want to give DAT to apply in NYU. suggest me regarding that. materials needed and how much time needed to prepare for it. I am planning to give american DAT.
Waiting for replies.
Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Hi, I think your stats are gud enough to apply. Give part II which will add on to your qualifications and do some CE courses too.Giviing DAT is also a gud option specially if u are targeting NYU and Columbia. I dont know about DAT prep stuff but u can check it online.
Applying as an international student is a gud idea but be clear on wat u have to do first, plan accordingly, one thing at a time, m sure u will get in smewhere, u jus have to be consistent in your efforts.
I hope this helps. Gud luk to u....:)

Thanks for the reply. Can u give me info regarding CE courses?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. Can u give me info regarding CE courses?

I think ur stats are gud enough to apply to Canadian universities, infact u have Canadian clinical experience to apply for direst ACJ n ACS.. y don't you try for Canadian NDEB?? I am sure u have better chances at passing the licensing procedure