Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Need suggestion

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by member18, 05.04.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the NBDE
  1. member18

member18

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    hi. I am a foreign trained dentist. I gave the part 1 in 2007 (still accepted in most u.s. univ.) and got a score of 80. i considered these scores as very low and had no experience at that time. so i did not apply. in the meantime, i did dental hygiene. presently, i am working as a registered dental hygienist in canada and carries an experience of 2+ years. I am applying to various universities right now on the basis of what i have right now. i am also planning to give part 2 in next few months. my stats are as follows. Plz suggest what do you guys think about it. Is there any hope?
    part1 score 80 - toefl iBT 106 - GPA WES-3.49 ECE - 3.15
    Dental hygiene diploma in canada and experience of 2+ years. shadow dentists now and then.
    Experience in india - 2.5 years
    I also want to give DAT to apply in NYU. suggest me regarding that. materials needed and how much time needed to prepare for it. I am planning to give american DAT.
    Waiting for replies.
    Thanks and good luck to everyone.
  2. twinklingstar

twinklingstar

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member

Hi, I think your stats are gud enough to apply. Give part II which will add on to your qualifications and do some CE courses too.Giviing DAT is also a gud option specially if u are targeting NYU and Columbia. I dont know about DAT prep stuff but u can check it online.
    Applying as an international student is a gud idea but be clear on wat u have to do first, plan accordingly, one thing at a time, m sure u will get in smewhere, u jus have to be consistent in your efforts.
    I hope this helps. Gud luk to u....:)
  3. member18

member18

Dental Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thanks for the reply. Can u give me info regarding CE courses?
  4. Asprin84

Asprin84

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I think ur stats are gud enough to apply to Canadian universities, infact u have Canadian clinical experience to apply for direst ACJ n ACS.. y don't you try for Canadian NDEB?? I am sure u have better chances at passing the licensing procedure
  5. Asprin84

Asprin84

Dentist
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    CE is continuing dental education and it carries a lots of points, u being a DH can easily do that..

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal