Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Need to cancel a couple interviews.

Discussion in 'Surgery and Surgical Subspecialties' started by Pureride, 01.11.03.

1. Pureride

Pureride Removed

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I need to cancel a few interviews. Any feedback on which of these programs is the worst. And please dont reply "it depends what you are looking for".

NYMC Our Lady of Mercy
    NYMC
    Buffalo
    Stamford
    Dartmouth
    Stonybrook
    Maine Medical Center

Most of these are conflicting.

2. Celiac Plexus

Celiac Plexus Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    SDN 10+ Year Member
    Why don't you order them according to where you'd most like to live, and then take the top ones?

QUality-wise they all seem pretty equivalent. Maybe Dartmouth and MMC are the "better" ones, and the rest are pretty run-o-the-mill....

Good luck!

3. Pureride

Pureride Removed

I apprecaite your input.
    I had no idea about MMC's program!
    THanks a lot.

4. Toadkiller Dog

Toadkiller Dog Senior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    I'm not sure about MMC. I had a friend who matched there a few years ago and he said that every surgeon he worked with there was divorced. He did not like the atmosphere at all. Ended up switching to gas.

Second hand, at best, tho. Maybe they've made some changes in the past 3 or 4 years.

5. SomeFakeName

SomeFakeName Removed

Funny, on the MMC gen surgery website it seems as if every resident writes about how positive and family-friendly the program is.

Hmmm...does anybody with experience know if this program is as "laid-back" (compared to other G.S. programs) as the residents are making it out to be or is it just a selling point to attract more applicants?

Also, what's the low-down with Stamford if anybody knows?

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal