Need to choose between interviews... I need help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HowIMetYourPet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, question for you...

I have been lucky enough to have multiple interviews this year (after all rejections last year) and now I find myself in a conundrum...I have previously scheduled 3 interviews in Feb. Glasgow on the 2nd in NY, Edinburgh on the 4th in CA, and Illinois on the 9th... well today I was offered an interview for Tufts, but was offered on the 2nd, the same date as Glasgow. Tufts cannot currently change my interview time. I was going to contact Glasgow to see if they could change, but all but one of their dates interferes with my other interviews....

Now, if I could even get Glasgow to let me change my dates, it is going to be hundreds and hundreds of dollars to change my current flights, plus add another cross country flight to get to the new glasgow interview.... Money is already tight so I'm considering cancelling one of the interviews...I'm just not sure which. Ether way, I keep thinking what if I go to the interview that rejects me, and skip the one that would take me..... So I need guidance (or at least to vent about how I'm freaking out because I don't think my family gets it.... they're answer... "well just pick one"...

Suggestions would be welcome, as would ideas to help me decide. I think I would prefer to go to Tufts, but I think I may have a better shot at Glasgow.....

Thanks for any tips!!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow.. Sounds like a super tough decision. If it were me, I would go to the interview of the school you would prefer to go to as your interest and excitement will show through during the interview which might help in getting that acceptance letter!! Write out a pro and con list for the two schools and weigh each entry.
Good luck with your decision as it is a super tough one!!

That is kind of simple do you want to stay in the states or go overseas?

Members don't see this ad :)
My initial thought is, "I would put more emphasis on domestic schools." But, I'm also cheap and hate it when things interfere with already laid out plans. I'm not familiar with the individual admission rates at Tufts or Glasgow, but I imagine one of them accepts students similar to you (IS/OOS/international, GPA, etc.) more frequently than the other and that school is probably a better choice for your situation.

My two cents is that you should try for Tufts. But I also don't know how each school chooses applicants after they're given an interview. You should take a hard look at how many people get interviewed versus how many are admitted and figure out how likely it is that you'll be admitted to each.

Keep in mind that it's a huge accomplishment to get an interview. You've had several, which means that your chances of being admitted somewhere this cycle are pretty good. If you really like Tuft's, the risk might be worth it. In the end, it's your decision. I wouldn't let a "what if" like this deter you from a school that you would prefer.

Good luck. You've got some difficult choices ahead.

Reactions: 1 user