Need to raise GPA, should I minor in something like health/nutrition/etca?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuwinator

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I probably need to take more classes to repair my gpa because I didnt do so hot with my prereqs (alot of B's and C+'s). At the time I took those classes I wasn't a motivated student with a goal in mind, but that has changed since I've started volunteering at a hospital pharmacy as a pharmacy tech and watched several live surgeries while at the hospital.

I was wondering if I should also minor in something like health or nutrition even though it doesnt count towards my science gpa nor does it affect my prerequisites gpa? I plan on finishing my degree with two minors.

Members don't see this ad.

in an easier class it may take a little bit less work but if you go into a class thinking that it will be a peice of cake and without a care for what what you are learning, then that is a recipe for failure

remember your overall gpa will still be effected

and chances are that the admission commitee is not stupid either

I think that it is better to do well in higher level classes and work towards a degree or a minor in something that actually matters to you. As an example, if you performed poorly in gen chem but kill gen chem 2, that is a strong sign of improvement.

Last edited:
I probably need to take more classes to repair my gpa because I didnt do so hot with my prereqs (alot of B's and C+'s). At the time I took those classes I wasn't a motivated student with a goal in mind, but that has changed since I've started volunteering at a hospital pharmacy as a pharmacy tech and watched several live surgeries while at the hospital.

I was wondering if I should also minor in something like health or nutrition even though it doesnt count towards my science gpa nor does it affect my prerequisites gpa? I plan on finishing my degree with two minors.

LOL do you really want make life-altering decisions based on advice from random strangers that may or may not be pharmacy/health profession students????

I think you should talk to your advisers, contact your favorite pharmacy schools on their requirements, and talk it over with your family. That's my advice...which is kinda ironic....