Need your help/suggestions???? PLEASE~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docbill

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a small question for you if you don't mind.

I have a friend starting at the Royal College of Physicians in Ireland and I would like to get her a gift before she leaves.

Is there a list of needed material that the school sent out, or something useful that anyone attending or will attend can suggest. She already got a 3M couple years ago and I can't get her another.

Please help.

Thanks

BA

Members don't see this ad.

Some Ajax. I miss the cleaning power of powdered bleach in Ireland.

Or some Skippy peanut butter.

Maybe a new iPod for her forthcoming Mac laptop??

dirtymac42 said:
Some Ajax. I miss the cleaning power of powdered bleach in Ireland.

Or some Skippy peanut butter.

Maybe a new iPod for her forthcoming Mac laptop??

R you serious.. or is this a joke. AJAX is a city in Ontario.. so I can pick her up some bleach from there.

Where is the MAC LABTOP coming from???

Members don't see this ad :)
docbill said:
Where is the MAC LABTOP coming from???

RCSI gives all entering students a mac laptop which becomes the student's property once they graduate. I think they also get a PDA in 3rd Med once they enter the hospitals.

Ajax, as well as being a part of the GTA, was also a Greek mythological character who cast himself onto his sword. But i'm talking about the cleaning product. Similar to Old Dutch or Comet. Yes, i was joking.

The PDA is a contentious issue, don't think we're getting them anymore!! :mad:

Hey Docbill. If you'd like to get her something useful, get her a tendon hammer, a set of tuning forks or an opthalmoscope (hey, I dont' know what your budget is here). All of these will be useful once she is on the wards. Personally, I always like magazine subscriptions, as I am constantly looking for something that isn't a textbook to read. I also recently got my sister, just starting law school, a nice blanket to curl up in while studying - most students can't afford heat, and most girls complain constantly about the cold (except me - I like to keep the windows open in January). Hope something here helps. Cheers,
Med2UCC

Thanks for all the advice guys. THere are some great ideas. I will keep the magazine subscription and the blanckyyy till christmass.

I told her about the apple labtop that she will be getting .. she had no clueee.. so I just said... surpiseeeeeeeeee.