Neglected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amichael2587

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hypothetically, how would anyone know if I neglected to include a course that I took over the summer at some random school outside of my undergraduate institution? Does AMCAS have access to some nationwide search to confirm that students listed every school they have attended? Obviously this is not something anyone should do, but I am very curious.

Members don't see this ad.

yea they have access to a database of all undergraduate institutions where you took a course for a grade. They may likely notice you are missing a transcript. You would be taking a substantial risk, from what I understand.

Or at least this is what I've heard many times on SDN.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean just never mentioning you attended the school at all. Of course it would have been a waste of money and course credit, but it seems like an easy way to hide a grade you didn't want AMCAS to see.

Except if they use the student clearinghouse thing the above poster linked, they would be able to see that you have work done there, whether you omitted that you took classes there or not.

just leave the grade off....you won't need your integrity in med school.

:slap:

Since you don't seem to care much about the principle of this let's put it this way: If a lawyer gets dirt like this you could be sued for a painful amount and possibly lose your license. If your med school finds out your degree could be revoked even after graduation (yes both of these things can happen)..Imagine being halfway into 4th year, +200K in debt, and no way to pay it off 'cause you were kicked out of med school for being a *****...your choice dude

...while it would most certainly say something about the integrity of the student, and possibly expulsion from the school of acceptance, I highly doubt that a grade ommission on the AMCAS would lead to a future lawsuit once you have established your professional career. I think that clearinghouse website is legitimate..I just found old posts about this topic if anyone was wondering

thanks for the 2 cents though......dude

Last edited:
...and here in California we say dude like every other like sentence dude, so don't read anything special into it :cool:
:nod:

I regularly call my mom "dude." That is how often we use "dude" here.