nerves

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twinks

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
17 days to the MCAT and I feel like I am getting ready to have a nervous breakdown, can anyone relate to that or does anyone have any suggestions?? The preparation has been going great but it's the final stretch and I guess, the reality of the MCAT is a bit overwhelming

Members don't see this ad.

RELAX

Just try to remember that this is not your only shot. Don't think that about retaking but at the same time don't worry about this being your only chance. And keep everything in perspective. All your doing is taking a test. It's not a matter of life or death. Think about people in much worse situations who would never get the oppurtunity to do what your doing.

Finally go out and have fun the week before the test. You made it this far now go out and celebrate.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel it too, and I've taken the stupid thing before!!! I've spent a whole lot more time studying this time around and I'm just worried that I'll make the same score and all this time will have been wasted. I blew my whole spring break studying for this, it better be worth it.

It really just helps me to channel all my nervousness into an overriding focus. That's just the way I handle stress: I use all the bad nervous energy for the good purpose of studying. That way I get something accomplished and hopefully fell more confident about how I'll do. I don't know if that's practical advice or not, though. Oh well.