:( Nervous about a huge decision I am about to take (Retaking Mcats senior year)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missjeniffer88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not sure why, but something about this post reeks of troll. Maybe it's the ten different spellings/capitalizations of the acronym "MCAT."

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. so my names Jen and I am a pre-med student. About to enter into my 4th year of college.

I took my MCats in April and didn't fair too well. I got a 16Q (Mainly because I did not take practice tests as real tests) Although I know I am capable of scoring in the 30's. My GPA is near a 3.5. I aced all my upper science level courses (phys 1/2 +lab, Biochem +lab, orgO 1/2 +lab)

Long story short, I have good academics and dean's awards. I have done a 30 page publication with a doctor on anti-depression meds affects on pregnant women, 200+ish hospital volunteering, and about 2000+hours paid job as a internal medicine docs assistant doing EKG's, strep tests, and presenting patient cases to physician. Also I have a ton of lab research and extracurricular volunteering ( too long to list)

I Know being an MD is what I want, and thats why since I found out my MCat scores I have decided I will study arduously for the next April's Mcat exam. And I know this time I will be prepared . (had alot of family issues around my first MCat take)

I know med schools see all the MCats I've taken, but I am now asking you this question..

Is it a good idea what I'm doing? Am I at a disadvantage for taking Mcats AGAIN senior year? I am holding true to my dream and I can with full honesty say I will have 10 x's better preformance this time around, as I am studying new materials and using AMCA's test practices more efficiently.

Say my new MCAT is in the 30's. Do you see a decent shot at any east coast MD schools? (pref. around ny/nj) im a nj resident.

Thanks for reading <3

this should have been posted in the whats my chances but there are thousands of people that go to medschool and have taken the mcat more than once. you have to obviously study alot and bring up your score. So study and if you keep your gpa high and get a good mcat score, I would say you have a good shot at getting accepted somewhere!

...I got a 16Q (Mainly because I did not take practice tests as real tests)... Although I know I am capable of scoring in the 30's.

Hmm...my troll detector lit up like a Christmas tree. To answer seriously or not...
I will say this, you're about to get blasted by the commentariat here about the logical fallacy I quoted above from you. If you scored a 16Q the first time around, I would like to make a small wager with you regarding your ability to score in the 30's. I'm sorry, but it will most likely not happen.

Actually you're quite wrong, if one did not do their best under harsh conditions and took this test. How can you say a new year of studying won't bring up the score? Something smells like ****, and its your personality.

this is my favorite troll of the week.

this is my favorite troll of the week.

You're being obnoxious. Number 1 sign someone is just new to SDN is saying "i know i'm capable of [x] MCAT score" without stating much supportive evidence - OP subsequently gets flamed every time and of course this is playing out as usual. By your post count you know better

Actually you're quite wrong, if one did not do their best under harsh conditions and took this test. How can you say a new year of studying won't bring up the score? Something smells like ****, and its your personality.

Oh, and the first "harsh condition" you may want to consider fixing is your utter lack of reading comprehension or logical thought. 16Q. Nice!

NOW my personality smells like ****.

You are welcome.

You're being obnoxious. Number 1 sign someone is just new to SDN is saying "i know i'm capable of [x] MCAT score" without stating much supportive evidence - OP subsequently gets flamed every time and of course this is playing out as usual. By your post count you know better
ha are you serious? the op is using obscenities towards other users and i'm the one being obnoxious? yeah brah, you're right.

op is using obscenities towards other users and i'm the one being obnoxious?

Faulty argument and you know this.
OP was not a troll and you know this.

Stop padding your post count by :laugh: ing at stressed out first time posters

That's a pretty common trolling comment, too. That said, I don't think she's a troll.

you're a fool.

Maybe. I'll allow it

You've been here for a long time. You're used to people shouting "TROLL" pretty frequently. You're used to a lot of legitimate troll threads. You probably enjoy jumping on the latest "MD/DO, Carribean, etc" thread with your latest favorite cool story bro/don't feed the troll image. So you get excited when you see someone make one of the stupid mistakes of SDN - assuming a significantly higher 2nd MCAT. I know where you're coming from. What I want you to do is take a deep breath and remember what SDN is for...

Maybe I'm a fool for writing this. Maybe I'm a fool for wasting time on SDN. But I PM'd OP mentioning schools that average MCAT scores, and the fact that a poor first MCAT will be brought up during interviews. So at least I can go to sleep knowing I helped someone, while you acted like a douche

Maybe. I'll allow it

You've been here for a long time. You're used to people shouting "TROLL" pretty frequently. You're used to a lot of legitimate troll threads. You probably enjoy jumping on the latest "MD/DO, Carribean, etc" thread with your latest favorite cool story bro/don't feed the troll image. So you get excited when you see someone make one of the stupid mistakes of SDN - assuming a significantly higher 2nd MCAT. I know where you're coming from. What I want you to do is take a deep breath and remember what SDN is for...

Maybe I'm a fool for writing this. Maybe I'm a fool for wasting time on SDN. But I PM'd OP mentioning schools that average MCAT scores, and the fact that a poor first MCAT will be brought up during interviews. So at least I can go to sleep knowing I helped someone, while you acted like a douche
thank you for attempting to police my sdn use, but as you can tell i don't give a **** what you think about my posts. continue thinking you're better than me and have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.