Neuro research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuropedsneuro

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an MS III wanting to do neuro research in my 4th year to improve my application for a neuro residency. My school isn't doing any neuro research at this time. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same dilemma. My school wasn't really responsive to my requests to do neurological research. I had quite a bit of time off and I did research with another school in another far off city. I would recommend trying to set up a research rotation elective at a school that is research oriented and responsive to your requests, preferably one where you have friends or family that you could stay with. The way I did it was really simple: I just googled the neuro staff at various institutions and sent out mass emails letting them know I was a medical student willing to work for free.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck. I'm about to enter a neurology residency and I couldn't be happier. I feel like we're a special breed...laid back but we still actually care about people unlike radiologists.