Neurology board review 2015, course review recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

astasia-abasia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After reviewing the other posts dating back to before I started in neurology, I couldn't find any reviews on the neurology board review courses available to residents. I live in the NYC tri-state area and most people here go to the Penn review course. But I'm looking for something that I can do on my own time with videos, audio files, powerpoints, and a syllabus; rather than spending the time and money cramped in a hotel lecture room for 4 days. Has anyone tired the "Beat the Boards" course? or any other such course? Right now I'm looking for more of a review course rather than a question bank.

Members don't see this ad.

I have to tell you that review courses are not that helpful... just get a reveiw book, or simply the materials/books you have read during residency. I would also look at the continums and the guidelines published by the AAN. Then then most important thing..you have to do questions, you really pass these tests by doing questions. I used neuroprep.com and neuroscalps.com. If I have to chose I would probably go for the second one (questions are better organized, you get a score immediately, you can review and keep track of your performance, and the are videos which you will see in the boards).