Neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramsy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
No talk about neurology on this forum...why is that...i'd like to hear from those in neuro programs or those that have completed their neuro rotation...any comments about this field are very much appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

It would be good to have discipline specific forums. I am a 3rd year, post Neuro rotation, looking at neuro residency programs. I'm thinking of doing epilepsy or stroke and I'll probably choose a place that's good in both of those fields.

I'm a pgy-1 resident so I don't have any "on the job" neuro experience yet, but I'll answer any questions I can. I don't know anything specific about UAB or UF...didn't apply to either. However, I do know a person who went to UAB (he completed his residency 2 yrs ago). He felt that the neuro program was top notch and really enjoyed his time there.

Members don't see this ad :)
neurogirl,
where are you doing your residency, care to share any thoughts on your programs or others that you came across during your search/interviews? thanks!

Hi everyone,

New to this forum. I'm also interested in neuro. Probably pediatric neuro. Any thoughts on the program at UT Southwestern (Dallas)? I had an attending tell me that the program at UTSW was tough to get into. Also the programs at UT San Antonio and UT Houston were great for adult neuro.

thanks.

Regarding the program I matched to, I'd prefer to maintain my anonymity (that way I can be totally honest). Although different applicants have different interests, everyone wants certain things: a program dedicated to teaching, a well structured curriculum with sufficient elective time and good didactics, friendly and supportive attendings, state of the art facilities, etc. I interviewed at programs in TX, OK, KS, MO. In my opinion, the best programs are: Baylor, UT San Antonio, UT Southwestern, Univ. of Kansas, and Wash U. These are just my opinions. You should have a good understandings of your own needs, interview at a variety of programs and decide for yourself which programs will best meet your personal tastes and professional goals. Hope this info helps. :D

If you're looking at Texas, make sure you consider Baylor in Houston. It's quite an impressive program. Great didactics and good diversity of patients.

Also, on the trail I was told that UT Southwestern was currently undergoing some unstability with an exodus of faculty. I don't know much more about it than that.