Neuropsychology Fellowship Databases

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rainedallnight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am distracting myself from waiting for internship interview invites by looking into neuropsychology post-docs. It seems as though the Division 40 database lists significantly more sites than the APPCN database or the APPIC database. But I've come across a few post-docs that don't even seem to be listed in the Div 40 database (e.g., Seattle VA). So I have some questions:

1. Are fellowships that aren't members of APPCN considered poorer quality? (For instance, there are two Harvard Medical School-affiliated post-docs that are not listed on APPCN - does that mean anything?)

2. Likewise, are fellowships that aren't even listed on Division 40 considered poorer quality?

3. Are there are truly comprehensive lists or databases of neuropsych fellowships? Or any other resources or methods of identifying fellowships?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. and 2.: No, not necessarily. While I support the idea of programs becoming APPCN members, and of their participation in the match, sites that aren't APPCN and/or Div 40 members, or that don't participate in the match are not automatically lower quality. You just may have to spend a bit more time evaluating them to be sure they're going to offer the training and support you're wanting while on fellowship. Also, a program being an APPCN member/APA-accredited saves you some time on the ABPP boarding application.

3. Unfortunately, no. I looked through APPCN, Div 40, APPIC, the Monitor, listserves, and even Google searches a few years ago when I was applying, each of which turned up at least one site I hadn't seen before.

Reactions: 1 user