NEUROSURGERY CLERKSHIP as VISITING STUDENT and NEUROLOGY RESIDENCY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eleire18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)Hello everybody!
I'm a foreign (Italian) medical student really interested in pursuing a neurology residency program in the USA.
During my last year I'm going to do a visiting student's 4 weeks-rotation in one of the US institutions.Unfortunately I've found out that some of the programs I'm allowed to apply for, offer only neurosurgery rotations.
Do you think a neurosurgery visiting student program could be a smart choice for a future neurology applicant? Or should I best search for an internal medicine visiting clerkships?
Thank you all!!!!
:):):):)

Members don't see this ad.

:)Hello everybody!
I'm a foreign (Italian) medical student really interested in pursuing a neurology residency program in the USA.
During my last year I'm going to do a visiting student's 4 weeks-rotation in one of the US institutions.Unfortunately I've found out that some of the programs I'm allowed to apply for, offer only neurosurgery rotations.
Do you think a neurosurgery visiting student program could be a smart choice for a future neurology applicant? Or should I best search for an internal medicine visiting clerkships?
Thank you all!!!!
:):):):)

Well you want letters of recommendation from neurologists, so I don't think a neurosurgery or internal medicine rotation will help you. You should make all efforts to do rotations in neurology.

Reactions: 1 user