Nevada Residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jrush

Using the Force since 1989
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Been lurking around these forums while I was in the Navy and currently in my second year of university since getting out!

I'm now a Nevada resident (was a CA resident) and a non-trad.

Doing good, had a naughty beginning before joining the Navy, but I have had A's / B's ever since and have an associates with honors. My bios are coming up this summer, excited/nervous to get more **** done!

My question:

I know that Nevada is possibly opening up 2 more med schools (UNLV and Roseman) over the next few years, so I know I will have more options to stay in state then. Currently, its either Reno or Henderson (DO). I'm open to DO, but I'm going to work my tail off to get into MD if possible.

Now, Nevada residents where do you apply for MD besides Nevada? What about for DO?
Do certain nearby states realize Nevada only has 2 med schools and is open to NV residents?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Well you can always do what the students with zero medical schools in their state do (Idaho, Maine, etc. there are a lot of these). Get a copy of the MSAR and figure out which schools don't have an instate preference. Certain schools in each region have become de facto national medical schools with no state preferences (Tufts, Emory, Georgetown, RFU, etc. there are a lot of these).