"New" (2015) v. Old (pre-2014) MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD_Inspired

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello MCATers,

For anyone that already completed the MCAT and took the 2015 practice test (out of curiosity), may you please let us know the differences between the two MCAT styles? Any comments would be much appreciated :)

NOTE: I understand that I can easily visit the AAMC website for 2015 MCAT specs, so please do not direct me to the website. I simply want to know how the 2015 MCAT is like for someone who already took the test.

Members don't see this ad.

In terms of the new section: took the trial section and found it super easy - I finished in 15 minutes instead of 45, and scored in the top quartile.

I will take the practice test once I'm done this year's application. I was actually really disappointed that I fell in the year without writing (which I'm good at) and social sciences and research methods (which I am also good at, as a psych major).

bump. Any more advise about the 2015 MCAT trial sections? Also what do you mean you fell in the year without writing and social sciences and research methods? Sorry i'm a newbie at this.

Thanks! Does anyone have any thought on the newly added sections for the 2015 exam? There was the trial section on the MCATs this year right?