New ASA homepage shows all female anesthesiologists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Carbocation1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.asahq.org/

If you look at the entire picture slideshow you will see all the anesthesiologists are women. Just curious as to why this may be. Are they trying to blur the lines between anesthesiologists and crnas?

http://www.blog.greatzs.com/2015/01/the-asas-new-sexist-home-page.html

Members don't see this ad.

CRNAs aren't exclusively women, either, so your implication is false and vaguely offensive.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe they're just trying to drive home the women's pain update?

As a female med student, women who want to go into anesthesiology are going into anesthesiology. I don't know any female med student complaining that it's a male dominated field and that they wouldn't pursue it for that reason. I've had great mentors of both genders. I wish political correctness a swift death, especially in our sandbox - where I never felt it to be an issue to begin with.

Reactions: 1 users
I wish political correctness a swift death, especially in our sandbox - where I never felt it to be an issue to begin with.

What I wish is that the over-correction by some of a misconception reflected by groups who wish to tear down the "patriarchy" -- white men being the primary target -- would also die a swift death.

Fact is that CRNAs are predominately women. And anesthesiologists are predominately men. The "social justice warrior" aspect in the war against our specialty will use any ammo they can to add fuel to the fire. Don't kid yourself. And any "over-correction" -- perceived or real -- should be avoided at all costs. It's as disingenuous as anodyne and pabulum TV commercials that go out of their way to demonstrate cultural diversity.

Yeah, yeah. I know. NAWALT.

What I wish is that the over-correction by some of a misconception reflected by groups who wish to tear down the "patriarchy" -- white men being the primary target -- would also die a swift death.

Fact is that CRNAs are predominately women. And anesthesiologists are predominately men. The "social justice warrior" aspect in the war against our specialty will use any ammo they can to add fuel to the fire. Don't kid yourself. And any "over-correction" -- perceived or real -- should be avoided at all costs. It's as disingenuous as anodyne and pabulum TV commercials that go out of their way to demonstrate cultural diversity.

Yeah, yeah. I know. NAWALT.

I had to look up NAWALT.

Perhaps I overstated, it happens, it's the internet. I did agree it was weird that the website is all women, and Promethean's knee jerk "not all CRNAs are women" got me going.

Last edited:
The ASA leadership is obviously reading this board and/or Great Zs and/or other internet discussion sites. The home page has been changed to include several male anesthesiologists. Now if they would only take other comments to heart.

Reactions: 1 user
The ASA leadership is obviously reading this board and/or Great Zs and/or other internet discussion sites. The home page has been changed to include several male anesthesiologists. Now if they would only take other comments to heart.
Wow, they actually did change it. Coincidence?