New attendings

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevoflurane

Ride
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any of you taking on extra duties at your new gig?

So far... I'm busy making the call schedule, starting a comprehensive/well structured regional service, "team leader" for mashall Steele orthopedic program and one of four that sits on the CT team.

This keeps me busy outside of the OR.... More than I thought.

Any of you guys going through this? No complaints... Just more than what I was used to during residency. Is this the norm?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm probably dumping about 5 hours a week into the the above. Total is probably 50-55 hours. OB can be a killer. During residency it was like 15 epidurals and 3-5 c/s per call. Our hospital does A LOT LESS. 700-800 deliveries a year. :) Just enough to be annoying but not enough to kill you at night.

far busier than i with the extra duties. I do not feel i am in position to telling others what to do (ie making call schedules, restructuring a service), although i wish at times i could. I am stretching myself a little thin in terms of roles, TEE, regional, ICU etc. I figure for now its just part of the buy in.

There better be good pay behind all of this work, Allan.;)

Any of you taking on extra duties at your new gig?

So far... I'm busy making the call schedule, starting a comprehensive/well structured regional service, "team leader" for mashall Steele orthopedic program and one of four that sits on the CT team.

This keeps me busy outside of the OR.... More than I thought.

Any of you guys going through this? No complaints... Just more than what I was used to during residency. Is this the norm?