New CAAPID LOR system

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FN88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys wats with the new LOR acceptance criteria by CAAPID? I heard they ll be just accepting electronic ones or paper LOR directly uploaded by the evaluator.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, It's not on their website yet but someone posted something about it on the caapid groups on fb.

Omg! that is really hard now... asking my dean to upload my LOR ..:eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes :( It was hard getting a paper lor from them in the first place !

So true... But are you sure? I m trying to find this information but not able to...

i really hope this is not true as this will further delay the process.

Hey guys i think it us true, i found this on caapid website

Attachments

• 1424936741293.jpg
    1424936741293.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 94
Well thats false, there nothing on the website, may be somebody's imagination to make it tougher

But see the above screen shot ..it clearly says that evaluators have to upload to site

Y don't. U have. A look at this
LoginContact UsStore

About ADEAMembershipEducation & EventsPolicyPublications & DataCareer CenterInformation For:
Prospective Students
Current Students & Residents
Faculty
Deans & Program Directors

Home | ADEA Application Services | Return to ADEA CAAPID℠ Home | View the ADEA CAAPID℠ Directory
ADEA CAAPID℠ Application Instructions
What Is ADEA CAAPID℠?
ADEA CAAPID℠ Application
Professional Experience
Documents not Accepted
Test Scores
Academic History
Letters of Evaluation
Personal Statement
ADEA Policies
ADEA Privacy/ Confidentiality Statement
Program Designations/Fees
Criminal Background Check
Mailing Documents
Monitoring the Application
Contact ADEA CAAPID℠ Customer Service
Download the ADEA CAAPID℠ Application Instructions
Letters of Evaluation

Letters of evaluation are traditional recommendation letters recommending a person to a U.S. dental school. Letters of evaluation are not required as part of a complete application. ADEA CAAPID℠ will process up to three letters. Applicants should check the program to which they are applying to determine if the program wants letters from specific individuals (e.g., supervisors, professors, dentists).
Letters of evaluation can be sent in two formats:
Electronic format (preferred): As soon as the evaluator’s name and email address are provided, the evaluator will receive an email from ADEA CAAPID℠ directing him or her to the ADEA CAAPID℠ Evaluators Portal.
Paper format: While the electronic format is strongly encouraged, paper letters of evaluation are also accepted. Paper letters must be typed and accompany the request form.
Waiver of Access

The letter of evaluation form requires a waiver statement. A U.S. federal law (P.L. 93-30, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act [FERPA] of 1974) protecting education records requires applicants to certain educational programs, including dental education programs, to indicate whether they wish to waive or retain the right to read evaluations submitted on their behalf. If an applicant waives access, he or she is assuring the evaluator of the permanent confidentiality of comments made on behalf of the applicant.
About ADEAWho We AreGovernanceADEAGies FoundationADEA NewsroomMembershipJoin ADEAMember BenefitsADEA Member to Member RecruitmentCareer CenterADEA GoDentalADEA DentEdJobsExploreHealthCareersADEA Application ServicesADEA AADSAS℠ADEA CAAPID℠ADEA PASS℠ADEA DHCAS℠Educational MeetingsUpcoming EventsLeading Conversations2015 ADEA Annual Session & ExhibitionPast EventsProfessional DevelopmentADEA Leadership InstituteADEA Leadership Institute Alumni Association2015 ADEA Allied Dental Faculty Leadership Development ProgramEducation ScholarADEA/AAL ProgramsScholarships, Awards, & Fellowships2015 ADEAGies Foundation Academic Dental Careers Fellowship ProgramFor ADEA Leadership Institute FellowsFor Dental EducatorsFor StudentsTeaching ResourcesADEA Curriculum Resource CenterCritical Thinking Skills ToolboxResources for TeachingweTeachMedEdPORTALPolicy ResourcesAccess, Diversity and InclusionLeading Conversations Webinar SeriesOral Health CareWorkforce IssuesFinancing Dental EducationCommissions and Task ForcesADEA CCIADEA Legislative Advisory CommitteeADEA National Advocacy NetworkTake ActionADEA State Advocacy ToolkitUnited States Interactive Legislative Tracking MapLegislative and Regulatory ResourcesBooks & Guides2014 ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools2014–15 ADEA Directory of Institutional Members and Association OfficersBeyond the Crossroads: Change and Innovation in Dental EducationNewslettersBulletin of Dental EducationADEA Charting ProgressAround the ADEA Policy CenterADEA Washington UpdateADEA State UpdateADEA State UpdateADEA CCI Liaison LedgerJournalsJournal of Dental Education.Submitting to the Journal of Dental EducationData, Analysis & ResearchEducational InstitutionsApplicants, Enrollees and GraduatesFacultyDental School SeniorsFollow Us On: Home | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Website Help
©2015 American Dental Education Association® (ADEA), 655 K Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20001 (202) 289-7201 | Site Designed by TMA Resources Interactive

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like they have updated the FAQ's but not the instructions section. Thanks for the screenshot harry. that was helpful

So we have choice either to do electronic or paper format LOR?

I WAS WRONG. FROM NOW ON ALL LETTERS OF EVALUATIONS ARE TO BE ELECTRONICALLY TRANSMITTED A REPLY FROM CAAPID IN EMAI:cold:L

Ohh .. What did they say in email. What is the process to upload LOR electronically?
Can any one plzzz explain in detail I did not understand.

Yes, I confirmed it too. CAAPID do not accept the paper's anymore- only electronic submission.

Thank you.. So that means we need to provide details of the evaluators, for Example- dean and any other two professors,
and CAAPID will send emails to them and they have to upload LOR.
Can you plzzz tell me in detail. This is my first time applying and what about the LORs that we need to send to universities?

Thank you dentalpx...I don't get why they introduced electronic LOR.. It's very hard to ask Dean and professors to check email and send...don't know how they will respond..hoping for best

But see the above screen shot ..it clearly says that evaluators have to upload to site

Hi Harry.. Thank u for info..how to get extra BDS transcripts from university in India..Am from NTRUHS..few dental schools are asking for sealed transcripts. what is the process? Can u please help me?

I think we all should write a letter to Caapid about foreign dentists LOR that electronically is really hectic,they should accept paper LOR