New DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buomyta

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!!

1. Where and what are the most current DO schools and do you know about any new upcoming schools. I saw something about Georgia???

Members don't see this ad.

I believe what you are referring is that in the near future PCOM, I believe it was PCOM at least, is deciding to open a branch in GA as well. I dont remember where i saw this but I'm pretty sure its PCOM. :D

LECOM-FL and TUCOM Vegas are the new campuses that I know of that are opening this year. VCOM is a fairly new school as well (established 2002).

Members don't see this ad :)
This is getting ridiculous. How many new schools have been opened the last 20 years? Its at least 10, and now with these new schools its going to be around 15 or so.

MacGyver said:
This is getting ridiculous. How many new schools have been opened the last 20 years? Its at least 10, and now with these new schools its going to be around 15 or so.

I guess there might be a need of DO's or even more generally - doctors in America. I see nothing wrong with more DO schools. They're a great complement to MD's. I mean I don't see that much of a difference between the two and to be honest, wouldn't you rather have DO's than a caribbean MD? I sure would.

The email we got at school said that the PCOM branch campus was going to open in Aug 2005. It is being opened in conjunction with the Osteopathic Institute of the South. From what I hear it is probably going to be up in the northern burbs' somewhere in Gwinnett. I thought about deferring to be able start off there and be able to go to GT's home games this fall. Best time of the year to be in the A-T-L.

i called pcom yesterday and they said they are planning on opening in aug 05. However, its not set in stone yet and they will put something on the website when they know something for sure