New fellowship position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amt57

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Andrea Trescot, MD and CE Medical Group are very pleased to announce the establishment of the Trescot Pain Fellowship, a non-ACGME accredited program, located in Anchorage, Alaska. Fellows will receive didactic, simulation, and hands-on training on a wide variety of cervical, thoracic, lumbar, and sacral interventional techniques, including epidurals, facet interventions, adhesiolysis, spinal endoscopy, facet interventions, interdiscal procedures (including percutaneous discectomy, IDET, Dekompressor, DiscFX, endoscopic discectomy), the mild procedure, sacroiliac procedures (including SI joint injections, Synergy, and Simplicity), sympathetic injections and neurolysis, radiofrequency lesioning (conventional, pulsed, and cooled), cryoneuroablation, regenerative therapy (prolotherapy, platelet rich plasma, stem cell), stimulation treatments (SCS and peripheral stimulation), and intrathecal pump implantation and management, as well as training in the interventional treatment of headaches, pelvic pain, and extremity pain. Education will also include opioid metabolism and management, the rational use of adjuvant medications, psychological and psychiatric conditions, pain management in pregnancy, nursing, and pediatrics, and fluoroscopic safety. In addition, the fellows will undergo formalized training in the recognition and management of injection complications, such as intrathecal injections and allergic reactions, through a program developed by Dr. Trescot called “Advanced Pain Life Support” (APLS). And, because of the affiliation with CE Medical Group (a national pain clinic management company), the fellows will receive extensive training regarding practice management, including billing and coding, contracting, employment law, and the “nuts and bolts” of setting up and maintaining a pain practice.

Fellows will undergo periodic examinations (written, oral, and practical) in preparation for the Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice (FIPP), American Board of Interventional Pain Practice (ABIPP) and/or the American Board of Pain Medicine (ABPM) exams. Fellows will also have the opportunity to participate in research and scientific writing.

Dr. Trescot is a nationally and internationally known educator and former director of the University of Florida and the University of Washington pain fellowship programs. Her CV is at www.drtrescot.com. The fellowship will start in September 2012, and interested applicants should contact Dr. Trescot at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

A big wig in pain starting a pain fellowship. I like it.
Plus a year in Alaska. Those who brave the arctic and don't get eaten by polar bears will come out ahead of the university trained folks.

Pubmed Trescott and see. Lots of chapters and papers. Makes me jealous.
I'd think there must be some Univ system up there to affiliate with and make it ACGME?

Wow. Good for her. She is great to learn from. Only problem is --alaska

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. Good for her. She is great to learn from. Only problem is --alaska

Quite a climate change. I think she used to be at U of Florida, before going to U Washington.

Soon it will be a fellowship of the north pole....

Seriously though, I've heard she is a great teacher.

Last edited:
what is going on w/ her - first Florida, then Washington, now Alaska - why can't she keep a job? that worries me a bit - although I have heard nothing but nice things about her...

what is going on w/ her - first Florida, then Washington, now Alaska - why can't she keep a job? that worries me a bit - although I have heard nothing but nice things about her...

She is a great doctor and great to her patients. She can be a bit brash and abrasive to other docs at times. And sometimes the oldschool male docs don't like to see that from a female....

Keeps moving farther north to colder climates. Menopause? :smuggrin:

<Ducks and runs out...>

Keeps moving farther north to colder climates. Menopause? :smuggrin:

<Ducks and runs out...>

AK has well known - out west - low penetration of managed care. Probably the last hurrah prior to retirement.

She's an excellent teacher. Her fellows at U Wash LOVED her. They were loathe to see her go.

This should be the best private fellowship in the country with her leadership and equally because there will be an insane amount of pathology. Currently, Alaskans fly to Seattle for advanced pain management procedures. No joke.