new here...need help plz..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hno10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, hope u all are fine..
I am a US citizen and an international medical graduate from Pakistan. I am interested in MPH, but i am at level zero regarding info about it. I will be very grateful if i can get info on the following points:
a) when do admissions occur?
b) requirements for admission?
c) do i have to take GRE..? If yes then sources to study from please...
Waiting for replies...Thnx..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Welcome! Since you are knew here, I want to give you some tips on how to use this site as a valuable resource.
  1. Check out the stickied threads at the top of this forum. Here, you will find useful public health sites, advice on epidemiology degrees, and a general FAQ that I update on an as needed basis. You can try to go through the WAMC thread, but it's long and I recommend only going through the first and last two pages.
  2. Visit this site: http://ceph.org/. Here, you will find a list of CEPH accredited MPH programs. Proceed to google the ones you are interested in and go onto their admissions page.
  3. Visit this site: https://portal.sophas.org/sophasHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/. Here, you will find instructions on how to fill out the SOPHAS application, which the majority of public health programs use.
  4. Use the search function at the top right corner of the page to see if any of your questions have been previously answered.
All of these tasks will help you answer the questions you have above. It's a tedious process, so good for you for starting early. It took me three weeks to go through all of the schools and make an Ecxel spreadsheet to help me narrow things down, and this is with a full-time job :eek:

Best of luck to you

Reactions: 1 user
thnx...
oka i will follow the instructions...
if u don't mind can u share ur excel spreadsheet..?

Sorry, I don't have it anymore. I would suggest you make your own, as you have different priorities than I do. You should tailor your spreadsheet to what is most important to you, whether it be location, cost, concentration, etc.