New International dentist program in Temple dental school launched!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dont

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
New International Dentists Program

Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry has received approval from the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) to start a new International Dentists Program. The 24-month program will accept experienced dentists who graduated from international dental schools and who have graduated from 1) a CODA-accredited residency or postgraduate program, or 2) have graduated from a non-CODA graduate programs in peer schools, and 3) have at least 2 years of clinical experience after their first dental degree. Preferences will be given to applicants with advanced clinical experience and who match the standards for competency expected from students moving into the junior year of the dental school at Temple University. Applicants must have passed Part I and Part II of the National Dental Examination Board before matriculation, A TOEFL score of 100 or higher, or equivalent English Language test scores, is required. Admission into the program will be based as well on assessment of preclinical skills, communication skills, and an oral examination conducted by the program’s search committee. The school places high weight on ethical and professional conduct and evidence for desire to learn and innovate.

The new program will operate in a comprehensive general dentistry clinic that will simulate real-life private practice.

The program will start on June 1, 2016 with an expected graduation day of May 15, 2018.

Tuition: $65,000 per year, $4000 per year for instruments, applicable university fees estimated around $800 per year

Housing and other expenses including textbooks are not included in the tuition nor fees.

Application should be submitted to Mr. Brian Hahn, Director of Admission, Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University, 3223 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19140. Email: [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an interview invite or give your interview at temple dental school?

Hi! I received an invite for interview at temple too. Does anyone know how many positions are available? Is this for the new program or as a result of attrition?

New International Dentists Program

Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry has received approval from the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) to start a new International Dentists Program. The 24-month program will accept experienced dentists who graduated from international dental schools and who have graduated from 1) a CODA-accredited residency or postgraduate program, or 2) have graduated from a non-CODA graduate programs in peer schools, and 3) have at least 2 years of clinical experience after their first dental degree. Preferences will be given to applicants with advanced clinical experience and who match the standards for competency expected from students moving into the junior year of the dental school at Temple University. Applicants must have passed Part I and Part II of the National Dental Examination Board before matriculation, A TOEFL score of 100 or higher, or equivalent English Language test scores, is required. Admission into the program will be based as well on assessment of preclinical skills, communication skills, and an oral examination conducted by the program’s search committee. The school places high weight on ethical and professional conduct and evidence for desire to learn and innovate.

The new program will operate in a comprehensive general dentistry clinic that will simulate real-life private practice.

The program will start on June 1, 2016 with an expected graduation day of May 15, 2018.

Tuition: $65,000 per year, $4000 per year for instruments, applicable university fees estimated around $800 per year

Housing and other expenses including textbooks are not included in the tuition nor fees.

Application should be submitted to Mr. Brian Hahn, Director of Admission, Kornberg School of Dentistry, Temple University, 3223 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19140. Email: [email protected]

Hi! Could help me with the oral examination? What kind of questions are asked?

Yes I got an interview invite for April 5th.

Hi, Is this interview for 2017 intake? I applied on March 10,2016 and have not received request for 50$ fee.
I called her, she asked me to wait few more days.
Please reply.

Hi! I received an invite for interview at temple too. Does anyone know how many positions are available? Is this for the new program or as a result of attrition?
did u hear back after interveiw

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet for me...don't know about others though....has anyone heard from them? Anything at all?

let we continue the infro about Temple dental program.....

I received email on nov 16 ,requesting to pay supplemental fee......

Hello, I have received an interview call from Temple . Can you please share your experience from last year

Hello, I have received an interview call from Temple . Can you please share your experience from last year
Can you tell me what DID YOU UPLOAD IN LETTER OF REFERENCE SECTION AND OTHER SECTION in CAAPID?