New Jersey License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmSCC99

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm newly licensed in jersey and originally from another state and just want to clarify something. Is the jersey license just comes in one piece like a letter in the mail that can be detached ? I'm also newly licensed in new york they mail a large license and a registration separate. For jersey i just got one letter like in the mail, . I just want to clarify im not missing anything or part that i need to contact the boards for. Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

In Jersey you get a small little letter like the size of 6 inches by 4 inches or so and it's blue and it's got these little perforations on it so you can tear it off. It's also the same paper that comes with a wallet copy. That's your actual, real license. This is the license you take to you when you work per-diem somewhere, when you go interview at a job somewhere, when you work at a place and have to keep your license posted. This tiny little blue paper is the license.

Weeks later in Jersey they will also mail you a big diploma looking license which is like 2 and 1/2 feet by a foot and a half. They will need you to sign back a paper stating you got it in the mail, otherwise they wind up sending you another one (that's why I have 2!)

In Jersey you get a small little letter like the size of 6 inches by 4 inches or so and it's blue and it's got these little perforations on it so you can tear it off. It's also the same paper that comes with a wallet copy. That's your actual, real license. This is the license you take to you when you work per-diem somewhere, when you go interview at a job somewhere, when you work at a place and have to keep your license posted. This tiny little blue paper is the license.

Weeks later in Jersey they will also mail you a big diploma looking license which is like 2 and 1/2 feet by a foot and a half. They will need you to sign back a paper stating you got it in the mail, otherwise they wind up sending you another one (that's why I have 2!)

Really It's been a while But I have not receive or knew about the big diploma looking one. I only got the blue small license. I was licensed a few month ago. Should I need to contact the boards?

Members don't see this ad :)
NJ had a huge delay in sending out the "big diploma" licenses the past few years. People I know who were licensed in the summer of 2013 just received theirs a few months ago and I just received mine last week after over a full year of being licensed.

Reactions: 1 user
NJ had a huge delay in sending out the "big diploma" licenses the past few years. People I know who were licensed in the summer of 2013 just received theirs a few months ago and I just received mine last week after over a full year of being licensed.

Lolll yep haven't gotten my diploma license yet and it's been over a year rofl.