New MCAT Best Resources/Company

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. otcoD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I wanted to ask to those who have taken the new MCAT to answer these questions and to help out a fellow premed :)
1) What company did you use (princeton/kaplan/examkrackers/etc.)
2) What books did you use (kaplan 528/princeton biochem/etc.) - You can say "I used all of TPR books"
3) Why did you think TPR was better than Kaplan or vice versa depending on your choice?
4) Did you study in a classroom setting with the company or did you study by yourself?

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

1) I used Examkrackers - loved it
2) Full set of 9th Edition Examkrackers Study Guides (come with online course) and the 101 Passages book - technically out of date but still good Verbal practice.
3) I chose EK after reviewing the big 3 (TPR, Kaplan, EK) and overall my decision came down to the materials. EKs material was so much more streamlined. I didnt need to (or have the time) to relearn ALL of my 4 years of science classes - I only wanted to cover what I was actually going to see on the exam.
4) I took the EK online class - you can see my explanation here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...review-vs-examkrackers.1169200/#post-17309898

My best piece of advice - get the books in front of you first. Go see your advisor and see if they have copies of them. See who's materials/approach you connect with and go from there.