New MCAT study tip with full time job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmesubo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am currently working as a respiratory therapist, working 15-16 days a month 12 hrs shift. The remaining days I just study all day for MCAT from kaplan and exam krackers review books. Just to refresh on the materials you know. Currently self teaching Biochem watching khan academy videos. I plan to take the MCAT next year on March. Any study tips for the new MCAT will be appreciated. Currently I am planning on reviewing both kaplan and exam krackers in next few months to learn the material and take a review course around October-ish to learn the strategies and take the exam on March. If everything works out I will be starting in 2017 (27 year old), which is okay I guess.

Thank you. Any advice will be appreciated.

Subo

Members don't see this ad.

I'm working full time and studying too. I think your plan sounds awesome....content review first, then practice and strategy. I wish i would have done this when I started studying a year and a half ago lol.

When you get done content review, I would recommend taking some type of diagnostic test in all the subject areas. If your like me, your probably real strong in certain areas (respiratory, cardiac, etc) and weak in others (microbio, genetics, etc). I have wasted so much time studying stuff I already know.....don't make that mistake.

Best Wishes!

I'm working full time and studying too. I think your plan sounds awesome....content review first, then practice and strategy. I wish i would have done this when I started studying a year and a half ago lol.

When you get done content review, I would recommend taking some type of diagnostic test in all the subject areas. If your like me, your probably real strong in certain areas (respiratory, cardiac, etc) and weak in others (microbio, genetics, etc). I have wasted so much time studying stuff I already know.....don't make that mistake.

Best Wishes!

Instead of reviewing content for your "strong" topics I would just recommend practice questions and review the likely "few" you get wrong. Extensively focus on those rather than the whole picture.