New Medical Special Pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The White Coat Investor

Practicing Doc and Blogger
Partner Organization
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email today that the AF at least has a new medical special pay. It appears to be some type of an early MISP. They are basically throwing some extra money at docs at the time they are most likely to bail, i.e. as soon as their educational commitment is up.

I didn't have much time to read up on it though, but it looks like you have to sign up for 4 more years to take it. I was unclear if the first 18 months of those 4 years ran concurrently with the last 18 months of your educational commitment.

Anyone get a chance to look at it a little more closely than I did?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an email today that the AF at least has a new medical special pay. It appears to be some type of an early MISP. They are basically throwing some extra money at docs at the time they are most likely to bail, i.e. as soon as their educational commitment is up.

I didn't have much time to read up on it though, but it looks like you have to sign up for 4 more years to take it. I was unclear if the first 18 months of those 4 years ran concurrently with the last 18 months of your educational commitment.

Anyone get a chance to look at it a little more closely than I did?

Your looking at Multi-year Incentive Special Pay. This is just a way of giving more ISP to those who take an MSP.

Not really a new pay.