new member- DAT help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maans88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys i'm new to the forum. I've been reading for on the website for three days and i finally signed up.

I just finished my last semester of under grad. and graduating in June. Now I wanna start studying for DAT. Planning on writing it by the end of July.

I need to know what books are recommended to get me well prepared for it. how to study etc etc etc.

if you guys can give me websites I can buy the books from then that's great.

I did my under grad at University of Windsor, Windsor Ontario Canada.

also another question, how do I know if there are local students if they wanna get together like once a week to study or something? is there some type of Regional sub forum or something?

alright I think that's about it for now. im gonna go to sleep :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

I used DAT Destroyer for bio, gen chem/ochem, and QR. If you decide to go with destroyer it might be worth getting the package that comes with the math destroyer. its more expensive but helpful (math is my weakest area of school by far so I needed extra help).

Crack The DAT is an absolute must for PAT in my opinion, there might be other good stuff out there other people used, just make sure you get PAT practice.

Also, I used my text books alot, especially my old ochem text.

hope some of this helped, good luck!

I totally agree with menouski.
DAT Destroyer was so helpful for me (and many other SDNers) in prepping for the DAT. CDP is def a must for the PAT!

Chads videos for the chems, tops ore and achiever for practice tests are also very popular among SDNers.

Check out my blog for a list of the the most popular (and best IMO) DAT prep materials.

I have a link to the 2012 poll where SDNers voted on the most helpful prep materials (the highest voted ones are the ones I listed).

Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally agree with menouski.
DAT Destroyer was so helpful for me (and many other SDNers) in prepping for the DAT. CDP is def a must for the PAT!

Chads videos for the chems, tops ore and achiever for practice tests are also very popular among SDNers.

Check out my blog for a list of the the most popular (and best IMO) DAT prep materials.

I have a link to the 2012 poll where SDNers voted on the most helpful prep materials (the highest voted ones are the ones I listed).

Best of luck to you!

hey guys I'm also new here. Thanks for all the info. It can be frustrating sometimes trying to figure out a study plan.

appreciate the inputs everybody. So googled it the DAT destroyer and they seem to have three package to choose from, I know you guys recommended the one with math, which I'll probably get since I took my math classes first year and chances are I forgot most of the stuff. anyways, they have the ultimate pack, is that recommended?

and I also searched for crack the DAT, so it's basically a software and gives you a variety of questions?

I'm pretty confident about my organic chemistry, I just took intermediate organic chemistry and ended up with a decent mark.

how about buying kaplan books? are they helpful or DAT destroyer is better?

and do you guys recommend taking a kaplan course?

Destroyer would help. Also try crack DAT, Achiever and Kaplan. Bio, Cliffs and Campbell's help. If you need more practise problems, try Schaums outlines.

Destroyer would help. Also try crack DAT, Achiever and Kaplan. Bio, Cliffs and Campbell's help. If you need more practise problems, try Schaums outlines.

so should i get all that or what?

I recently joined on here. which one seems to be more beneficial for others that took the DAT?

so i was on the crack dat website and im not sure what package to buy.

Can someone help. Here is the website.

https://pat.crackdat.com/order/browse_products.php

thanks.

I was reading earlier and one person said the ACE edition was good...

anyways, I just bought DAT Destroyer and from what I've heard it doesn't prepare you enough to BIO and that will probably be my weakest subject,,

so what's the best way/resource to prepare for BIO.

ok cool thanks. that one does seem sufficient. I wonder if getting the royal flush edition is overkill.

thanks maans88.

I wonder if the royal flush edition is overkill. The ace edition does seem sufficient.

New destroyer has a llot of Bio questions. However, it is designed to review the material, no teach from scratch. You can also look into Cliffs notes for Bio and Schaums outlines for Bio. They have a lot of practice questions. God luck.

New destroyer has a llot of Bio questions. However, it is designed to review the material, no teach from scratch. You can also look into Cliffs notes for Bio and Schaums outlines for Bio. They have a lot of practice questions. God luck.

hey do you mind posting the links on here, i'm new and i don't wanna end up buying the wrong material.