New MOC requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Indodo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The apa has now made it mandatory that in addition to CME, PIP and self assessment, all psychiatrists must be proficient in "the dance." A live test will be required. Grandfathering will not be accepted unless you are a real grandfather. In which case your grandchild be a proxy for you in "the dance."

I think this is a great idea. I do have serious issues with only grandfathering and not grandmothering.
I am also concerned because I can't dance, I can't sing. The only think about me is the way I talk.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Ha, ha, very funny (not really). But I'll respond as if it weren't a joke. There is a serious shortage of psychiatrists in the US. And about 90% of people who think they are dancers are not. If you actually made proficiency in the dance mandatory, our mental health care system would fall apart faster than it already is. There's a problem in which the dance can't really be taught to most people. The average American can't even half-ass a simple foxtrot. Would it be beneficial if more psychiatrists practiced the arts with their patients? Yes. But right now we just need more psychiatrists.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha, ha, very funny (not really). But I'll respond as if it weren't a joke. There is a serious shortage of psychiatrists in the US. And about 90% of people who think they are dancers are not. If you actually made proficiency in the dance mandatory, our mental health care system would fall apart faster than it already is. There's a problem in which the dance can't really be taught to most people. The average American can't even half-ass a simple foxtrot. Would it be beneficial if more psychiatrists practiced the arts with their patients? Yes. But right now we just need more psychiatrists.

Bologna! I can dance. See...

How are docs who work in rural areas able to do this? I'm in solo PP and don't have colleagues to help review charts.

Reactions: 1 user