NEW NAPLEX from NOV 1, 2016 (250 Qs, 6.5 hr, plus change of format)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djoker

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The examination assembly format will change from a computer adaptive exam (test assembled as candidate is taking the exam) to a linear form exam (pre-assembled exam form).

So, I guess no more adaptive difficulty nonsense anymore.

A good news or bad?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
The examination assembly format will change from a computer adaptive exam (test assembled as candidate is taking the exam) to a linear form exam (pre-assembled exam form).

So, I guess no more adaptive difficulty nonsense anymore.

A good news or bad?
NAPLEX is so unpredictable. Hope the new format is much easier.

My experience about NAPLEX (and yes I am foreign grad) says that one must try pre-naplex before sitting in actual test. My pren-nap score did correlate with my actual test results. Both were in fifties ( I gave it twice now) so, no I am not going to attempt it before getting a 100 in pre-naplex. The poster above me very rightly mentioned that it is difficult to extract info from those long cases, and a foreign grad like me who did not have a clinical background struggle in it big time. I passed FPGEE(foreign pharmacist equivalency exam) on my first attempt preparing for just a month because the questions in FPGEE exam are direct and there are no long cases to bang your head with. So, now I am reading as much case studies as I can from Koda Kimble, RxPrep (even-though there cases are too simple) Lange AQs (they are even more simple than RxPrep). I found Koda Kimble applied therapeuitics very helpful. I will at least solve those cases which are aligned with Rxprep. Moreover, except rxprep or pnn, no book has newer type of questions. There questions are like older K-types which are not coming in NAPLEX now. K-types have been replaced by select all that apply type.

Members don't see this ad :)
My experience about NAPLEX (and yes I am foreign grad) says that one must try pre-naplex before sitting in actual test. My pren-nap score did correlate with my actual test results. Both were in fifties ( I gave it twice now) so, no I am not going to attempt it before getting a 100 in pre-naplex. The poster above me very rightly mentioned that it is difficult to extract info from those long cases, and a foreign grad like me who did not have a clinical background struggle in it big time. I passed FPGEE(foreign pharmacist equivalency exam) on my first attempt preparing for just a month because the questions in FPGEE exam are direct and there are no long cases to bang your head with. So, now I am reading as much case studies as I can from Koda Kimble, RxPrep (even-though there cases are too simple) Lange AQs (they are even more simple than RxPrep). I found Koda Kimble applied therapeuitics very helpful. I will at least solve those cases which are aligned with Rxprep. Moreover, except rxprep or pnn, no book has newer type of questions. There questions are like older K-types which are not coming in NAPLEX now. K-types have been replaced by select all that apply type.

hi,

did you pass naplex with PNN? i am also studying from the same material. i am totally lost with the long patient profiles.

I hope not. It's already fairly easy to pass. It should be more difficult not less.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For some people it is. For some of us, it is very challenging. Not everyone is as smart as you are. Maybe you can shed some of your tips or materials for us to learn. Thank you.

For some people it is. For some of us, it is very challenging. Not everyone is as smart as you are. Maybe you can shed some of your tips or materials for us to learn. Thank you.

I totally agree with you. Standardized type tests are the worst for me and I failed Naplex with a 70 :(

Reactions: 1 user
I hope not. It's already fairly easy to pass. It should be more difficult not less.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I hate to say it, but I do agree with you. There should be a level of difficulty or why else did we go through 3-4 years of school for? Also, because pharmacy is so saturated in some states that it would help differentiate those who are ready to practice (maybe). heh.

I hate to say it, but I do agree with you. There should be a level of difficulty or why else did we go through 3-4 years of school for? Also, because pharmacy is so saturated in some states that it would help differentiate those who are ready to practice (maybe). heh.
plz elaborate whether the new naplex will be easier or harder i already scedule my exam to january 2017. it is my 5thh and last chance. kindly update whether i shall wait or appear now . thanks

plz elaborate whether the new naplex will be easier or harder i already scedule my exam to january 2017. it is my 5thh and last chance. kindly update whether i shall wait or appear now . thanks
Have you attended Pass naplex now live class in calfornia yet? If not, please try Goldie is really good at showing you how to remember things in exam.

I called NABP and the blackout for the new Naplex is Oct 22 - Nov 1. So if you don't take your exam before Oct 22 you will have to take the new form. My ATT generates on the 23 -___-