new NMS question book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bethhill

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
there is a new NMS question book that was released in april of this year. has anyone seen it? is it different than the 1999 version? any thoughts (in general) about how useful the book is for step 2 studying?

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

can you elaborate please? is it just random questions or is it organized into chapters? systems based or subject?

thanks!
Pol

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

In reference to your question regarding the NMS book, here are my thoughts after taking the test yesterday...

The NMS book is a book of 20 practice tests. The tests are not organized by subject so you get your share of medicine, peds, ob/gyn, psychiatry, public health and what not. As for the questions, I felt they were good. However, I found myself getting a lot of the public health questions wrong. In taking the actual exam, the NMS book is way too picky on the public health part. As for the rest of the book, it's a great book to utilize. My advice is to do as many questions as you can. You would want to familiarize yourself how many ways they can ask a certain topic and be prepared as much as you can. I used the NMS, the qbook , USMLE World and did half of Brochert's book. Hopefully this will correlate into good results (Praying for >220).Hope this helps.

Doogie

from anyone who has taken STEP 2 which is most similar to the test NMS, pretest, mock exam, or Q book? Thanks.

hey, I'm using NMS (2007) right now and feel it is easier than UWorld, but still covers a lot of topics I need to review, so it's helpful in that way.

Anyone else have recent experience with NMS?