New Nova Microbiology Pre-requisite ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UsernameNeeded1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did Nova (Southeastern University) dental school make Microbiology a required pre-requisite now, as in made it required within the past 2 months ?

Was Microbiology a required pre-requisite last application cycle (for the class starting this Fall 2010) ?

thx

Members don't see this ad.

Did Nova (Southeastern University) dental school make Microbiology a required pre-requisite now, as in made it required within the past 2 months ?

Was Microbiology a required pre-requisite last application cycle (for the class starting this Fall 2010) ?

thx

Yeah it's changed since last cycle. We had to have the same prereqs as other schools (bio, chem, orgo, physics, etc), plus at least 2 additional required classes (out of a list of 7, including biochem, micro, anat/physio, etc). Now the requirements look the same as UF's, where biochem and micro are now required.

I hope/pray this is a mistake on their website, since we've all submitted our applications in already before this.

Nova, please be nice to us poor struggling pre-dents. Please let this be a mistake

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope/pray this is a mistake on their website, since we've all submitted our applications in already before this.

Please be nice to us poor struggling pre-dents, Nova.
Do you still have time in your schedule next fall to take the courses? If so, or you can sneak a massive credit load, buckle up. If you don't take them, I can promised 1000+ students who want a DDS/DMD will.

other schools give advance notice of changes..

and no, i can't..completely jam packed next year & no room to sign up since courses have filled up already

and i paid for all applications already

i'm still praying it's all a mistake on the website & they meant to update their website meaning to input the same requirements as last cycle...please..

other schools give advance notice of changes..

and no, i can't..completely jam packed next year & no room to sign up since courses have filled up already

and i paid for all applications already

i'm still praying it's all a mistake on the website & they meant to update their website meaning to input the same requirements as last cycle...please..

Packed up with 16 college credit hours? After being around Nova for so long and knowing the adcoms so well, I guarantee they will not buy this as an excuse. It definitely doesn't bode well that you would be arguing with them before you are 'accepted'!

Take the prereq classes or apply elsewhere. You don't even need to have them done... just tell them when you will take them (either fall or spring semester... )

Packed up with 16 college credit hours? After being around Nova for so long and knowing the adcoms so well, I guarantee they will not buy this as an excuse. It definitely doesn't bode well that you would be arguing with them before you are 'accepted'!

Take the prereq classes or apply elsewhere. You don't even need to have them done... just tell them when you will take them (either fall or spring semester... )

But the courses have all filled up at the places I've looked (community colleges don't have this course) or the times of the courses conflict

I doubt if it is a mistake. The same thing happened to me...a couple of the schools that I applied to last cycle decided to make Anatomy and Physiology required instead of recommended coursework... I got conditional acceptance pending I finished that course before school started. I am taking it right now, It ends the beginning of August and school starts for me August 19th. If you can't fit it into your schedule (AND you really need to if at all possible) you can ask can you take it over the summer. I don't think this is the norm, but hey, an acception was made for me....keep in mind they had already interviewed me by the time I asked could I take it over the summer, so I think they already knew they wanted me. Not sure if they would be so willing even before you were invited to the interview.

PS, the second school would NOT let me take it over the summer, so it just depends...

Good luck

looks like they made biochem a requirement too