new online medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honorstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found this new medical school that offers the first 2 years of med school online.
Tuition is really cheap too.
just wanted to know what you all think.
the website is : http://www.medicalschoolonline.com
what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

I checked out this webpage and cannot find an address, a PERSON'S name, a telephone number or even a way to get an application. You can, however, apply over the net for a fee, of course. There are no stats about the school,who started them, or even how long they have been around.

Smells like a bogus scam.

And even if weren't a scam, you would have no chance whatsoever of transferring to a genuine medical school in the USA to earn the MD. Forget it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not that I'm promoting that "school" in any way, but they clearly state that they are not claiming to provide you with a M.D. degree. They just let you "shadow" the courses that real M.D. students would have to take. Whether or not this will help gain admission to a real medical school is up to each of us to find out. I would actually consider taking it as sort of a prep course for med school (which I will be starting next year) I guess what I'm saying is to be fair and not put it down for claiming things that it clearly is not claiming.

You are right me68, they do say that, however, I would not even consider a school that does not even list an address or any name associated with the school on their website. I am not even sure this is a legit school. These kind of sites have popped up in the past and people have spent a lot of money for nothing. Be careful.

This is an interesting enterprise...

Their web site keeps changing. Last time I checked, they had a link named "Faculty", even though when you clicked on it, there was no names of any faculty, just something about the faculty being in good standing with the local Medical Board or some such thing. Now that link is gone from the site.

Also gone are the postings on th IMG forum in regards to this new enterprise. Last I checked, someone had posted the names of some "faculty" members. I don't know if bogus or not, but the poster claimed that they had been on this new "school" website earlier. Perhaps he was just using his post to defame people who had nothing to do with this "school".

Personally, I am amused by the whole thing. I can't imagine someone falling for it.

Yes,I could even get the connection.I kept getting the message:No such domain existed.

Are you kidding!? Medical school on line....now I've heard it all!

The thought of a medical student that has not even done gross anatomy is absolutely terrifying I hope the AMA closes their ass down.

The AMA is a political lobbying group for physicians. They don't shut anyone down.

This "medical school" is just great! I really like the disclaimer on their online application:

By filling out this form and sending it to ACMS, you . . . understand that this is an online graduate school that offers Post-Baccalaureate, Masters and Ph.D. degrees of Medical Science. We do not offer a Medical Doctorate (M.D.) degree. Having a degree from ACMS does not necessarily entitle one to any specific activities. You understand that every school and every employer has their own policy regarding acceptance of degrees and transfer credits. It is the students responsibility to determine these policies before enrolling in ACMS.

So what they're saying is they're a medical school that gives (at best) a half-baked Ph.D.. What a deal!
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Lee A Burnett (edited 12-03-2000).]