NEW SAT

What method gives you the best chance for a high score on important standardized test?

• Practice test questions over a longer period of time (6-12 mo)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Practice test questions over a shorter period of time (1-6 mo)

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

TAMUstu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

The NEW SAT is just two and a half months away! (FIRST TEST DATE 03/05/2016)

Some of the new additions to the test include:
- NO PENALTY for guessing!
- There are less questions! WOW
- Essay is optional, but if you decide to submit a essay, you will have 25 extra minutes to complete that.
- Scoring is completely different! old scale ranged from 600 to 2400. new SAT ranges from 400 to 1600, 200-800 for math, reading, and writing/language. 2-8 on each of three dimension for essay (optional)
- Includes a sub-score for students, parents, and universities for added insight.

How does everyone feel about the new format, likes and dislikes? How are y'all studying for this? Has anyone used the new Collegeboard text book 2016 edition and taken the PSATs included? Khan Academy, Prep Scholar or a you-tube channel?

What's working for you? Any advice is much appreciated!

Thank you, have a great day.

TAMUstu

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wasn't the "old" old scoring system 400 - 1600?

Members don't see this ad :)
Supposedly it should seem easier in terms of testing for vocabulary that you will actually use, but the removal of a guessing penalty won't really make too much of a difference. You guys also get to make essays that will actually be scrutinized. It won't be affecting me since I'm done by the end of this year, but I think you guys will have a better time with the new SAT... as long as your writing isn't that bad.

Please continue. I need to know more.
Then why scoring is completely different?