New SLOR to send

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WolveyX

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys if I have a new SLOR for programs, should I email the program coordinator and possibly program director about the update? Or should I just call the program coordinator directly instead? I already sent it to the programs but I would think they don't collect new data/material at this point unless you tell them about it.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You're right about them not collecting additional data on you. I was told to let the programs know, even the programs that you already interviewed at, in case it affects their ranking of you. PDs and PCs are pretty busy right about now, I imagine email would be preferred, but I'm not sure. Definitely do something, though

Yup! Definitely worth shooting an email to every program you've just assigned the SLOE to. I don't know about sending them directly to PDs, but a short and sweet email to the coordinator helps make it known in your file, and/or even prompts them to look at your application again. I did this a couple of weeks ago and got a handful of thank-you emails and a couple of invites/waitlist offers pretty soon afterwards.