New to Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karntrev

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a masters student at the U of L and my undergraduate was at Weber State University in Utah. I have a gpa of 2.90 due to having a premature baby and working full time all through undergrad. I applied to dental school and this is my second year applying but I am not sure if I will get in. I don't really care if I don't become a dentist I'm not really passionate about it. I just want to help people and to be successful and well respected as a person. I don't know anything about any of the schools and I am just now doing some shadowing and I really enjoy podiatry. What do you think my chances are of getting in? I took the DAT last year so I am only applying to the schools that accept the DAT for admissions. I got a 17 academic average, a 18 in total science, and a 20 on the PAT which are the sections that the dental schools look at. Is there anyone who could give me a little advice. Also the application for podiatry seems so much simpler than AADSAS. Did you all spend a lot of time filling it out or did you just whip it out and submit it?

Members don't see this ad.

I whipped it out, but did spend time on the personal statement. Also, if you are looking for schools that accept the DAT, act fast b/c that door is closing soon.

I did notice that a lot of the schools are going to quit accepting the DAT. Some quit this year but more are going to next year.

It only makes sense you would take the LSAT (law exam) to get your chemical engineering degree.