New treatment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am just disappointed they did not report the outcome... Come on...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...d-to-cure-daugthers-psychiatric-problems.html

I'm not an expert, but this treatment seems wrong on several levels. Not sure why they saw the need to add duck to the soup (but I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere.) I'm not clear on how the murderer's death sentenced was changed to life in prison, so long as he commits no further offenses. Doesn't seem like he'll be given much chance at committing further offenses.

Stories like this give ducks a bad name...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not an expert, but this treatment seems wrong on several levels. Not sure why they saw the need to add duck to the soup (but I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere.) I'm not clear on how the murderer's death sentenced was changed to life in prison, so long as he commits no further offenses. Doesn't seem like he'll be given much chance at committing further offenses.

I think that the duck was served on the side...at least that's how I read it.

Now the question is: how does the presence or absence of duck affect the bioavailability of the active compound in head soup? Would there be a Cyp450 interaction if the patient was also taking fluoxetine? And of course, never, EVER serve head soup with grapefruit juice!

I think that the duck was served on the side...at least that's how I read it.

Now the question is: how does the presence or absence of duck affect the bioavailability of the active compound in head soup? Would there be a Cyp450 interaction if the patient was also taking fluoxetine? And of course, never, EVER serve head soup with grapefruit juice!

I actually find it easier to understand this Andrew Zimmer (Bizarre Foods) meets Psychiatry approach than, say, the influence of the "participating observer" in quantum theory and what it says about the nature of consciousness...but that's me. I prefer the fatty goodness of duck with head soup.

I think, it is more complicated than this; note that the guy was in his 70-s and was drunk. Therefore, we need to take into account the influence of ethanol on Cyp450, too. And is it tau protein or beta-amyloid that is the active compound? These are all questions that remain to be answered...RCT, anyone?

I guess, it means so long as he does not practice psychopharmacology in prison...

I'm not an expert, but this treatment seems wrong on several levels. Not sure why they saw the need to add duck to the soup (but I'm sure there's logic in there somewhere.)

No, no.
Lin served the head soup to her daughter AND also served the soup to the duck.
The duck had also been behaving strangely.

No, no.
Lin served the head soup to her daughter AND also served the soup to the duck.
The duck had also been behaving strangely.

We await a posting from a Duck Psych fellow.

I'm reminded of the old joke..duck walks into a pharmacy, and asks for chapstick. The pharmacist asks "will that be cash or charge", and the duck says "put it on my bill."