New white county programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

so721

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ive been seeing a number of new programs from white county in arkansas, anyone know anything about them or the area? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Lol probably not considering that they are new programs...in Arkansas.

Ive been seeing a number of new programs from white county in arkansas, anyone know anything about them or the area? thanks

Wow, you're right. It looks like KCUMB is starting family practice and internal medicine residencies in a 400+ bed hospital there. I never would have thought it had more than a 50 bed hospital. I lived there for a few months once. It's a dry county. Used to have a bit of a meth problem. Rent is dirt cheap!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it a safe area? It appears that meth is popular everywhere, but I like the fact that it's a dry county at least.

Is it a safe area? It appears that meth is popular everywhere, but I like the fact that it's a dry county at least.

Seriously, it seems like every single time I meet anyone from anywhere, when I ask them about where they're from (for example in OMM lab), people always describe their hometown as "the meth capital of X state" or "there's a lot of meth houses because the town is close to the interstate."

I should give you a caveat that I lived there a while ago, so things may have changed, but yes it's a safe area. There's not a great deal to do in Searcy, but it's only about an hour away from Little Rock and 2 hours way from Memphis. The atmosphere is quiet and family oriented.

White County is a pretty good sized medical facility. It's the largest hospital between Little Rock and Jonesboro. A lot of patients are from the surrounding rural areas. I saw a LOT of different pathologies during clinicals there (went to Paramedic school at ASU Searcy) Searcy itself isn't a bad place to live, plus you are about an hour from LR, or roughly 2 to Memphis. Schools used to be pretty good, and there's always Harding University if anyone wants to go back to school.

(And the meth labs are in Lonoke County, next one West)