New York Botanical Garden

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s-m-t

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I want to intern at the new york botanical garden but I want to do something that helps me get into medical school more than anything else. So would I be better off getting an internship somewhere else or is this a good opportunity? If I got accepted I would work in any of these departments:
Departments currently seeking interns:

• Exhibitions and Interpretation
  • Public Programs
  • Visitor Services
  • Volunteers Services
  • Horticulture
  • Plant Science
  • Development

Members don't see this ad.

It would be fine to do this if this is a passion of yours. Just make sure you also do something with patient contact and if possible something that helps people in a non medical setting.

I second mik30102. Medical schools are way more drawn to individuals who are sincerely passionate about an interest - just about any interest. So if that's a genuine interest of yours, please go ahead.

You will be a more interesting applicant if you break the mold and do what you love. In some way, shape, or form, you will be able to connect the skills you develop during your internship to the practice of medicine come application time.