New York COM, Jonesboro Campus (NYIT-COM, Jonesboro) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interview here next week. Were the interview questions more based on your application, general questions like "Why DO?" or a mix? Also I used to listen to blessthefall lol

Lol yeah, I listened to them in my younger years.

The interview was two 30 min sections. The first was mostly from my application file. I was asked to elaborate on my jobs, my education, how I would present osteopathic medicine and what my greatest challenge was, etc. The second section, my interviewer didn't look at my file at all nor even reference things from it. This was much more laid back and conversational; fewer "interview questions". So all in all: a mixed bag I'd say.

My advice: be able to think objectively about yourself and articulate it properly in order to present it to others. If you've got an ounce of genuine introspection about you, you're going to do fine. They were all very nice and welcoming people.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Lol yeah, I listened to them in my younger years.

The interview was two 30 min sections. The first was mostly from my application file. I was asked to elaborate on my jobs, my education, how I would present osteopathic medicine and what my greatest challenge was, etc. The second section, my interviewer didn't look at my file at all nor even reference things from it. This was much more laid back and conversational; fewer "interview questions". So all in all: a mixed bag I'd say.

My advice: be able to think objectively about yourself and articulate it properly in order to present it to others. If you've got an ounce of genuine introspection about you, you're going to do fine. They were all very nice and welcoming people.

What time did you get finished? How many others interviewed? Did they mention how long until you know about a decision?

What time did you get finished? How many others interviewed? Did they mention how long until you know about a decision?

It started at 8:30AM, lasted until 12:30PM where we were then invited to a tour of ASU's campus which was optional. I didn't attend as I had a long drive home and it was starting to rain. Shortest interview I've had yet. Interviewed with approx 7 other people? It was a very, very small group of interviewees. Won't find out results for 6 weeks; they stated that it would be early to mid November.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know when we're supposed to hear back after interviewing here? I don't recall them giving us a time frame for when they'd start making decisions but I think it's pretty safe to assume they haven't sent out any post-interview decisions yet?

Does anybody know when we're supposed to hear back after interviewing here? I don't recall them giving us a time frame for when they'd start making decisions but I think it's pretty safe to assume they haven't sent out any post-interview decisions yet?

Early to mid November. It was stated during the presentation.

This may sound like a stupid question but how do you apply to this school? I visited their website and it says to apply through aacomas but when I go there, the school isn't listed. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

This may sound like a stupid question but how do you apply to this school? I visited their website and it says to apply through aacomas but when I go there, the school isn't listed. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!
Apply to NYIT and you can select preferred campus on the secondary. Secondary is available on the NYIT website.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone coming to Jonesboro for an interview feel free to ask me about the town. I can point you toward some good food if nothing else.

Anyone coming to Jonesboro for an interview feel free to ask me about the town. I can point you toward some good food if nothing else.
Hit me up! I will be here Monday. Also, where is the best place to stay the night?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hit me up! I will be here Monday. Also, where is the best place to stay the night?
I don't know a lot about the hotels, but the Fairfield and Hampton both seem nice. We really don't have any restaurants that are exceptionally better than everything else. What kind of food do you like? We have a good authentic taco place, Thai, Japanese, Italian, and most anything else. Let me know what you're hungry for and I'll be happy to make suggestions.

Thai Taste is on Johnson just north of the campus. You would be able to have great food and see where you'll be on Monday within a couple block area. I highly recommend ordering the Evil Jungle Prince. Also, if you're a coffee drinker, Shadrach's Coffee is a drive through on Red Wolf Blvd right by hotel row. It's by far the best coffee shop in town. I'd gladly come meet you to show you around, but I'll be working out of town all weekend.

Just curious, but I'm assuming most people are OOS? I have pretty strong ties to AR, but would be neat to know about their class OOS/IS ratio.

Interviewed here last Monday. Awesome people, awesome facility.

II scheduled for November 10th!!

3.3 science /502 MCAT

Super non-traditional high school drop out over here! I'm pumped to even be looked at at. Just got put on hold for AU Tucson also. Here's to hoping! *finger crossed*!

Anyone else heard back? They only had two dates to choose from in November.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know anything about the interview style?

I'm interviewing here Thursday and I'm OOS from the Midwest. I've gathered there is an extreme regional bias, any one from outside the region gain an acceptance yet?

I'm interviewing here Thursday and I'm OOS from the Midwest. I've gathered there is an extreme regional bias, any one from outside the region gain an acceptance yet?

No acceptances have been released yet as far as I know. As for a regional bias, I don't feel it's extreme by any means. Today's interview group had multiple Texans, one from Eastern Tennessee, one from Florida, and one from Northeast Arkansas.

No acceptances have been released yet as far as I know. As for a regional bias, I don't feel it's extreme by any means. Today's interview group had multiple Texans, one from Eastern Tennessee, one from Florida, and one from Northeast Arkansas.

I'll second this. I didn't gather a sense of regional bias during the interview; however, 70% of the interviewees were from Texas and the rest were from the Midwest. Overall, I think it would benefit someone interviewing to at least be aware of the medical issues within Arkansas and the surrounding area as I was asked about this during my interview.

I'll second this. I didn't gather a sense of regional bias during the interview; however, 70% of the interviewees were from Texas and the rest were from the Midwest. Overall, I think it would benefit someone interviewing to at least be aware of the medical issues within Arkansas and the surrounding area as I was asked about this during my interview.

I'm going to third it. My interview group had people from Texas, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, ect.

Hey Scumione! I didn't know you interviewed here as well :p

Anyone coming for the interview on NOV 7, Monday? If so what would be common interview questions. Thank you

I already interviewed here! Just waiting to hear back. I think they said they would not let us know until Nov. 15th.

We were told yesterday that decisions for all interview dates prior to ours would be sent out very soon via snail mail. The next batch, for interviews starting yesterday, should be expected around the middle of December.

Reactions: 2 users
We were told yesterday that decisions for all interview dates prior to ours would be sent out very soon via snail mail. The next batch, for interviews starting yesterday, should be expected around the middle of December.

Thanks for the update! It's been a long wait.

Hey guys. I'm a current first-year at the OW campus. Blessthefall knows more about the pros and cons of Jonesboro campus than me. But I can offer some of my thoughts. :)

I just wanted to let you guys know that NYIT-COM broadcasts the lectures from one campus to the other. Most of the lectures have been in New York, which I find a little unfair. Students on our side get to go up to the professors after lecture to ask questions, but the Arkansas students don't have that luxury. They do have piazza to ask questions, but I feel like it isn't the same.

Many second-years told me several really good professors from NYIT-COM went over to Jonesboro. (Which I am a little envious of.) So there is that plus.

These are things I hope you guys consider! Best wishes!

Reactions: 2 users

Let us know how it went!!