New York COM (NYIT-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At the very least an SMP will really prepare you for medical school. I am really confident that I can handle a medical school curriculum AND I have the grades to prove it. BUT it may not always give you the result you are hoping for which may or may not be allopathic school/osteopathic school acceptance. Thats my 2 cents after completing an SMP and performing fairly well

Members don't see this ad.

At the very least an SMP will really prepare you for medical school. me am really confident that me can handle a medical school curriculum AND me have the grades to prove it. BUT it may not always give you the result you be hopin' for which may or may not be allopathic school/osteopathic school acceptance. Thats my 2 cents after completin' an SMP and performin' fairly well

Why is SDN autocorrecting "I" to "me" haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted, sent in their deposits, and filled out FAFSA did you hear anything from the school in terms of how to proceed with financial aid, etc. ?

For those who have been accepted, sent in their deposits, and filled out FAFSA did you hear anything from the school in terms of how to proceed with financial aid, etc. ?

I think the school gives out that info closer to the summer

Does anyone know when orientation is?

I think the school gives out that info closer to the summer

It just said in the acceptance letter/package that the school should contact us around April for further information and how to proceed financially. Just wondering if anyone heard anything from the school. The only thing i recently received was how to set up my NYIT email.

I haven't gotten any FA. But after I signed for my email stuff I saw that my estimated cost of attendance was 80k with tuition being 60k?! I thought tuition was only 50 here

I haven't gotten any FA. But after I signed for my email stuff I saw that my estimated cost of attendance was 80k with tuition being 60k?! I thought tuition was only 50 here

Do you mind saying when you signed up for the email or when you received the letter telling you how?

I received it this monday and when i went to the MyConnect tab it had a "to do list" which said i had to fill out an additional form and fax it to the financial aid office which i did. I still dont have the estimated cost or w.e. you were saying you saw.

I also think that the 60K is with added fees which every school even colleges ends up adding on. The 80k is probably the estimated cost with additional none school related expenses based on if you will be living with parents or not. From what I understand you are not obligated to take the extra out, just the cost of the tuition plus fees.

Do you mind saying when you signed up for the email or when you received the letter telling you how?

I received it this monday and when i went to the MyConnect tab it had a "to do list" which said i had to fill out an additional form and fax it to the financial aid office which i did. I still dont have the estimated cost or w.e. you were saying you saw.

I also think that the 60K is with added fees which every school even colleges ends up adding on. The 80k is probably the estimated cost with additional none school related expenses based on if you will be living with parents or not.

I didn't receive a letter yet. I saw all this on nyitconnect

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't receive a letter yet. I saw all this on nyitconnect

right, but how did you know to set up your nyit connect? i for example received a letter telling me to set up the account. So i am just asking when you set the account up or were told to set it up.

right, but how did you know to set up your nyit connect? i for example received a letter telling me to set up the account. So i am just asking when you set the account up or were told to set it up.

Monday

Did you guys only fill out the fafsa forms? How about the grad plus forms? I wish the school would be a little more clear about what to do with financial aid!!!

Did you guys only fill out the fafsa forms? How about the grad plus forms? I wish the school would be a little more clear about what to do with financial aid!!!
I only did fafsa, but I'm going to send them the other form they wanted on nyitconnect this week

Does anyone know when the last day we can expect to be called for an interview is? I know they will be "interviewing" towards the end of April but I assume there's a cutoff for interview invites. Still hoping to get an ii

Does anyone know when the last day we can expect to be called for an interview is? I know they will be "interviewing" towards the end of April but I assume there's a cutoff for interview invites. Still hoping to get an ii
I would like to know that too... :/

same.. on the same boat :( This process is so nervewrecking

I have my interview tomorrow... does anyone have any idea what the turn around time will be on a decision? Also is the class full already? It would be a little sad if I am interviewing for a waitlist spot. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have my interview tomorrow... does anyone have any idea what the turn around time will be on a decision? Also is the class full already? It would be a little sad if I am interviewing for a waitlist spot. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same impression when I got my interview invite few weeks ago. I interviewed on 3/26. And at the interview they told us they will let us know the decision within 4 weeks. I'm guessing with a lot of students on waitlist and interviews going on this week that the class isn't probably full.

Anyone from the March 12th evening session get a response yet?

Haven't heard anything yet. Any day now as tomorrow will be 4 weeks! :)

My interview today was very smooth and comfortable. Beyond conversational... more like talking to an old friend. The school was impressive and the students were extremely outgoing and nice to us. For being an older school, most of the facilities are in good to great shape and the cadaver lab was particularly nice. I'm already daydreaming about receiving an acceptance letter in the next few weeks:) If they take me I will happily be enrolling.

Reactions: 5 users
My interview today was very smooth and comfortable. Beyond conversational... more like talking to an old friend. The school was impressive and the students were extremely outgoing and nice to us. For being an older school, most of the facilities are in good to great shape and the cadaver lab was particularly nice. I'm already daydreaming about receiving an acceptance letter in the next few weeks:) If they take me I will happily be enrolling.

Awesome to hear! I was pleasantly surprised by the school as well. Does anyone know if they reject post-interview or is it just wait list/ acceptance?

Awesome to hear! I was pleasantly surprised by the school as well. Does anyone know if they reject post-interview or is it just wait list/ acceptance?
from reading this thread and last yr's thread...it seems like mainly waitlist/ acceptance

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone know when there will be movement on the waitlist?

Does anyone know when there will be movement on the waitlist?

Probably in May... they are interviewing right up to the end of April... After they fill up the last few seats the will turn to the waitlist. One of the students told me at my interview that the waitlist tends to move alot at nycom so keep your hopes up;)

Is there a google plus class page? Or just the fb page?

Got an acceptance in the mail yesterday!

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone received an interview invitation recently? Been waiting forever

I just interviewed last week...how long should I wait before sending a letter of intent? Is it too soon to send one now if I havent even received a decision letter yet?

Anyone else from the march 12th group not hear back yet? debating if i should call or not...

I just interviewed last week...how long should I wait before sending a letter of intent? Is it too soon to send one now if I havent even received a decision letter yet?

That's OK. I sent a letter about a week after I had my interview. Although it was more of a thank you letter, stating how much i enjoyed the school, presentation, etc and thanked them for the opportunity.

That's OK. I sent a letter about a week after I had my interview. Although it was more of a thank you letter, stating how much i enjoyed the school, presentation, etc and thanked them for the opportunity.

Did you snail mail it or email?

Did you snail mail it or email?

I snail mailed it just because my adviser suggested to. She said that they all get so many emails a day that a regular handwritten note feels really nice for a change.

I snail mailed it just because my adviser suggested to. She said that they all get so many emails a day that a regular handwritten note feels really nice for a change.

Yeah... that's what I was thinking. I live so close it will get there in one day anyway. Did you just mail it to the admissions office?